Qlik Community

QlikView Scripting

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Scripting.

vireshkolagimat
Contributor II

excel data transformation

Hi Guys,

Could you please help me to bring the attached excel data into Qlikview as it is.

I have multiple sheets which needs be loaded into Qlikview but for now i am looking how to load the attached file into QV.

Thank You

Regards,

Viresh

Tags (1)
7 Replies
Not applicable

Re: excel data transformation

Hi Viresh,

Should be simple and plain. Open your Qlik Desktop and CTRL + E (Edit Script) and click on Table Files and bring in the Excel file (One image). Second Image shows Sheet1$ (depicts what sheet one wants to open up in Qlik).

Hope it helps!!!!

Capture.PNG

Capture1.PNG1$

sureshqv
Esteemed Contributor III

How should be your final data look like?

MVP
MVP

This file is going to be very awkward to load. It combines multi level headers with multiple sub tables on a sheet. It is possible to construct a load script for this spreadsheet, but it will take a while and will probably not be that reliable (minor layout changes will break the load).

It it not possible to get the data reported in a more conventional form? A report like this is usually generated from an underlying source, perhaps you can look at that if you cannot get a simple report.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
vireshkolagimat
Contributor II

yeah that is what even i thought but can we achieve this using macros? I am not that much expert in macros

vireshkolagimat
Contributor II

It is not a plain excel file. The data is not in the standrd format like rows and columns

vireshkolagimat
Contributor II

as is in the excel file

Community Browser