Qlik Community

QlikView Scripting

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Scripting.

Not applicable

load is giving me incorrect values

Hi All,

I'm still stuck with the same function I had attempted to get fixed in the below link.

I changed the function to include the where clause. but unfortunately its still giving me the same unwanted distinct values that i'm after.

what can I do to get this fixed.

so I've got a sum with a group by clause (which should be the only way to get this correctly done), the sum should be around for example 9828.13 and the actual sum is 157250.08.

what a friend helped discover was that the big number was in fact an exact multiple of the original number.

but how this came about is still bugging me.

I've been on this problem for days now.

and I still cant figure it out.

i'd really appreciate some help.

Group By multiple fields

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

Re: load is giving me incorrect values

So I looked at my previous code and I figured out that the EDW data had 2 left joins which were causing the issue!

thanks guys for all your help!

regards,

Yomna

5 Replies
MVP
MVP

Re: load is giving me incorrect values

You need to look at the input table to your GROUP BY LOAD. It seems this table show duplicate lines.

Have you performed a JOIN to this table? A JOIN can very easily result in data duplication.

If you want more help, you need to post more details, e.g. your script, the document log or a sample QVW.

Not applicable

Re: load is giving me incorrect values

its true I have used a join.. how do you get around this...

my script is running i'm trying one last thing and then i'll post the script here.

MVP
MVP

Re: load is giving me incorrect values

Again, it's hard to give an advice without knowing anything. Please tell us a bit more about your setting, requirements, etc.

In general, you could often use a MAPPING approach instead of a JOIN:

Don't join - use Applymap instead

MVP
MVP

Re: load is giving me incorrect values

I think this approach could be a solution for you. I show two ways; one in the load script and another in the chart on the raw table:

2016-02-03 #1.PNG

Not applicable

Re: load is giving me incorrect values

So I looked at my previous code and I figured out that the EDW data had 2 left joins which were causing the issue!

thanks guys for all your help!

regards,

Yomna

Community Browser