Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours - Bring your Ideation questions- May 15th, 11 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kpmg_irm
Partner - Contributor III

Document administrator qmc access

Hi guys, I'm trying to access the qmc with my document administrator user. I'm getting error "access denied - membership of local security group is missing". I also configured the "qlikview document administrator" local group in system-setup-server-folder access but I cannot access the console. something missing?

Thank you,

Gianfranco

15 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You do have a Publisher license, don't you?

kpmg_irm
Author

Yes I do

Not applicable

this is a sneaky one, that they dont mention.

1. Add the user to the server group QlikView Document Administrators
  2. log onto the QMC and go to System > Distribution Services > Pick your Publisher server > General Tab.
  3. go to the path section at the bottom and select your source folder
  4. add the QlikView Document Administrators to this group also
  5. Some systems, will need you to add the individuals here as well as the group (don't know why but one of my clients needs this for the "Access Denied" message to go away
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Seems logical that a Document Administrator won't be presented with an empty QMC because of not having access to any source folder. However the error messages ("you can't get in because we think you're not a member of a local security group, although you actually are...") isn't particularly helpful.

Thanks for posting this, David.

kpmg_irm
Author

Hi Peter, I resolved, the problem was that the connection with AD was not working, now I can access the MC e I can see only the source folder I have the rights to.

Thank you

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Gianfranco,

I have a similar issue here. When I search for the users, I cannot see them because of the AD connection issue. How did you resolve the AD connection issue?

Thanks,

Nithesh