Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jrdunson
Creator
Creator

User Privileges / Admin Override Security questions

Hello,

I had to rebuild a PC this week...and when I got Qlikview up and running again... viewing/editing QV notebooks... on a different server...

I found an oddity...

When I check all the boxes under Sheet Properties / Security...to allow a user to do everything...like move/size objects, Copy/Clone objects, it doesn't work.  Yes, I check the Layout options in the object itself, and these boxes are checked also. 

So, I had to go to Document Properties and check "Admin Override Security" ... only then could I move an object, copy a object, etc.

1.  Why should we have to do this? Is it normal?  Should we not be able to set Sheet/object properties...without having to select the override?  Why wouldn't using the Sheet/Object Property settings work?

2.  Are there other implications/effects to consider ...if I leave  "Admin Override Security" checked?

Thanks

Jarrell

10 Replies
jrdunson
Creator
Creator
Author

Hey, interesting... I did change machines... as my old PC died... but still the same OS (i.e. Windows 7)... if a person need to move then, to a new PC, how does he/she update the license to the new machine? And is the 'Machine ID' the Computer Name?

Jarrell