Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Charvick
Contributor III
Contributor III

Established a connection but unable to execute in Qlik Sense Scalability tool

Hi Guys,

I am new to the scalability tool but I am trying to establish a connection from the Qlik Sense Enterprise Scalability tool using a virtual proxy with header authentication. Please find the issue below:

Using the user manual:

• I created a virtual proxy as required
  • Created a UDC to import test users
  • Assigned licenses to the test users
  • Added the hostname, Virtual proxy prefix, Header Name etc. to the connection tab
  • Set up few scenarios and Users
  • Was able to get a 'Connection successful' message in the connection tab but unable to connect and load app Structure
  • Saved the script into JSON format
  • Loaded and started the execution of JSON script into the executor

Issue:

• While executing, I am getting an error:
    • 1 error occurred:
      Unexpected status code: 500 Internal Server Error (get https://<HostName>/<Virtual Proxy prefix>/api/hub/v1/apps/favorites): unexpected response status code<500> expected<[200]>
  • The same error pops us even while trying to connect and populate App Structure

Troubleshooting:

My Findings:

• Removing the 'api' (i.e., https://<HostName>/<Virtual Proxy prefix>/hub/v1/apps/favorites ) from the URL helped me access the link and even look at the apps I published/want to simulate in Qlik Sense Enterprise

I'm not sure if the 'api' in the link is causing this issue, if yes, could you let me know how to remove the api from the URL or if there is something else that I'm missing. It would be great if you guys could help me out.

Would really appreciate if you guys looked into it as well @Daniel_Larsson @Jens_Argentzell @Sebastian_Fredenberg @vinieme12 @Andre_Sostizzo 

Thanks in advance

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Daniel_Larsson
Employee
Employee

Yes was Qlik Sense version I was asking for. I don't have access to a version older than may 2022 currently so cannot verify. Tool is release more to keep up to date with latest version of Qlik Sense. Looking at the logs it looks like version v1.6.0 should work for you regarding this request (cannot verify right now though). Can you try that version? You can find it in "previous versions" folder.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Daniel_Larsson
Employee
Employee

Hi,
Which Sense version are you using?

From your troubleshooting:
> Used 'ModHeader' extension to check if there is any issue with the proxy I created
Was the result successful, i.e. you could use the product as that user towards the https://<HostName>/<Virtual Proxy>/ url and you where recognized as the user defined in modheader?

Charvick
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the reply. I am using Qlik Sense November 2021 -14.44.5 version. I'm not sure as to what the Product is that you are referring to. But this is what I did:

• Tried to access the link from the error generated in the scalability tool but was unable to access it (It threw a 404 error)
  • Once I remove the /api from the link, then I was able to log in using the user defined in the 'ModHeader' extension and was also able to access the app I am trying to simulate. If this is what you are asking about then, Yes I am able to access it but only after removing the api from the URL generated in Scalability tool
Daniel_Larsson
Employee
Employee

Yes was Qlik Sense version I was asking for. I don't have access to a version older than may 2022 currently so cannot verify. Tool is release more to keep up to date with latest version of Qlik Sense. Looking at the logs it looks like version v1.6.0 should work for you regarding this request (cannot verify right now though). Can you try that version? You can find it in "previous versions" folder.

Charvick
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks Daniel!!! I'm now able to establish the connection after I switched to the 1.6.0 version. Just one more question, will the tool be able to analyze custom extensions which are being used in the Qlik Sense application I want simulate?

Daniel_Larsson
Employee
Employee

Well no and yes. The tool doesn't execute any javascript code, and since extensions are snippets of javascript which could theoretically do anything it's not directly supported.

However, the tool does send the GetProperties and GetLayout requests towards the extension object, if this is all the client would do, then you're covered (probably only covers a small subset of simpler extensions)

For the technically skilled, and those who know what the extension does more thoroughly(i.e. if it's a extension you built yourself). There's a a way to add support for the data requests. This can only be done using the CLI tool `gopherciser`, this tool is what drives the actual test when running from GUI and can be run directly for command line (it's shipped with the tool in a subfolder). How to add support the the data requests for an extension when execution can be found here (https://github.com/qlik-oss/gopherciser/blob/master/docs/sense-object-definitions.md), basically a JSON file with a definition  for how to fetch data for the object is needed.

Anything more advance interaction than Select and getting data (i.e. make engine do the calculations etc) would require writing custom code and extending the gopherciser tool (a helper repo how to do custom "actions" can be found here https://github.com/qlik-oss/gopherciser-extended-example), but this is a lot more advanced and requires go coding.