cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daniel_Larsson
Employee
Employee

Qlik Sense Enterprise Scalability Tools

Note: Our legacy performance testing offering can be found here: Qlik Sense Scalability Tools.

The Qlik Sense Enterprise Scalability Tools are used to create and run load and performance tests towards Qlik Sense Enterprise for Windows (QSEfW).

Included parts are:

• Documentation on how to use the package
  • Command line tool for Windows, Mac and Linux. This command line tool (gopherciser) is open source and can be found here .
  • GUI for Windows, Mac and Linux.

Downloadable files can be found here:
📎 Qlik Sense Enterprise Scalability Tools 

Qlik Sense documents to help analyze result and log files can be found here :https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-15451

Change log

v1.11.0 - v1.11.1

• Gopherciser v0.17.26 - v0.18.5
    • Bugfixes

v1.10.2 - v1.11.0

• Support for Feb 2024 Sense release
  • Gopherciser v0.17.21 -> v0.17.26
    • Bugfixes
    • Report sub hypercube errors as errors instead of warnings (unless calculation condition)

v1.10.1 - v1.10.2

• Rebranded with new Qlik Logo

v1.10.0 - v1.10.1

• Gopherciser v0.17.7 -> v0.17.21
    • Added support for layout container object
    • Added support for new pivot table
    • Added support for sn-text object
    • Added support for sn-table object
    • Added support for sn-shape object
    • Added hyper cube sub-errors as warnings (These warnings will become errors in v1.11.0)

v1.9.0 - v1.10.0

• Gopherciser v0.17.7 -> v0.17.11
    • Open Hub Api compliance August 2023 release
    • Open App Api compliance August 2023 release

v1.8.0 - v.1.9.0

• Updated scheduler
  • Updated reglog
  • Gopherciser v0.17.4 -> v0.17.7
    • Changed parameters for prometheus push gateway
    • bugfixes

v1.7.0-v1.8.0

• Updated scheduler
  • Gopherciser v0.17.0 -> v0.17.4
    • Configurable max websocket frame size
    • Improved disonnect discoverability
    • Add in-mem Get app structure method
    • [Apicompliance] openapp
    • Bugfixes

v1.6.0 - v1.7.0

• New installer - Option for personal install which should solve issues with "Administrator" privileges.
  • Updated scheduler
  • Gopherciser v0.16.2 -> v0.17.0
    • Bugfixes
    • Add option to print result json to script validate command
    • Updated api compliance for openhub action.
  •  
  •  

Your use of Qlik Sense Enterprise Scalability Tools will be subject to the same license agreement between you and Qlik for your Qlik Sense License. Qlik does not provide maintenance and support services for the Qlik Sense Enterprise Scalability Tools, however please check QlikCommunity for additional information on use of these products.

Labels (2)
99 Replies
kss7374
Partner - Contributor III

Hi,

Did you manage to solve the problem?
I had such a problem, maybe it will help you.
In the Execute-HWBM.ps1 configuration file, I added a header that was configured for a virtual proxy (because after restarting the service, there is no way to connect to the application)

Measure-Command { $request = Invoke-WebRequest -Uri http://$mProxyHostname/header/hub} >$null 2>&1

or add a variable:

## (QV only)HeaderName
#$#$HeaderName = "QVUZER"
$HeaderName = "header"

and change here:

Measure-Command { $request = Invoke-WebRequest -Uri http://$mProxyHostname/$HeaderName/hub} >$null 2>&1

Best Regards,

Sergey

Kate_M
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Sergey, thank you for responding. I haven't been able to resolve the issue so I really appreciate the help! I will try out your change and attempt to rerun the script outside of business hours. I'll reach back out towards the end of this week or beginning of next. Thanks again!

Frederic_De_Ranter

Hi,

If the above doesn't solve it, you can try to run the commands in powershell (replace the QlikSenseProxyHostName):

$mProxyHostname = "QlikSenseProxyHostName"

Invoke-WebRequest-Uri http://$mProxyHostname/hub

And see what comes back as error. 
In some cases I had to add the domain to the hostname to get a reply from the server. (this change is now included in the updated HW BM package )

Best regards,
Frederic
MisterRoy
Contributor III
Contributor III

All, 

Good morning/afternoon. I was introduced to the legacy version of this tool and found a link to this Enterprise version. I've installed it on my local computer but when I open the application I just get a white box. It's almost like the GUI can't launch. Has anyone experienced this before? Thanks!

kss7374

Hi,

Note: Using windows built-in unzip functionality will not allow the .exe to launch unless unblocking zipped folder first (properties -> unblock).

Starting the Qlik Sense Enterprise Scalability Tools application
Install the QSEST package using the installer provided on your platform and then start the
Qlik Sense Enterprise Scalability Tools application.
Microsoft Windows
For the Microsoft Windows operating system, a binary installer (.exe) is provided. After
downloading this file, it may be blocked for security reasons. To unblock the file, right-click
it, select Properties and then Unblock.
After installation, you can find Qlik Sense Enterprise Scalability Tools in your start menu.

BR,

Sergey

kss7374

Hi, QSEST team!

I am currently testing applications using QSST and QSEST, but I have encountered the following problems:
1. Tell me, do I understand correctly that there is currently no way using QSEST to test unloading data from a table, for example in pdf/xls? Is it possible to implement such a test (to understand how data unloading loads the system?)

2. In QSST - for "SELECT" it is possible to use the "Select string" type (convenient for use in filters for specific values, example: Sergey, Daniel, Sebastian).
In QSEST, the "Values" type is used for "SELECT", but it is not clear how to select the value of interest in the filter used (ListBox)
The documentation says that: "Values – If the Type parameter is set to Values, this setting specifies the
position of the underlying Element Values you want to select from.
Note: It is NOT the visual position or value of what you see from the object via
web browser. To use this setting, you need to manually figure out and verify
which value you are selecting from."

Can you tell me where in the structure of the "report / application" you can find this information?

BR,

Sergey

kss7374

Hi, QSEST team!

Tell me how to use "SmartSearch" in QSEST or is this function not supported by QSEST?
In QSST, this functionality is implemented through "Global Search"

BR,

Sergey

SebastianFabian
Former Employee
Former Employee

I am currently testing applications using QSST and QSEST, but I have encountered the following problems:
1. Tell me, do I understand correctly that there is currently no way using QSEST to test unloading data from a table, for example in pdf/xls? Is it possible to implement such a test (to understand how data unloading loads the system?)

Such an action is not implemented in the tool unfortunately.

2. In QSST - for "SELECT" it is possible to use the "Select string" type (convenient for use in filters for specific values, example: Sergey, Daniel, Sebastian).
In QSEST, the "Values" type is used for "SELECT", but it is not clear how to select the value of interest in the filter used (ListBox)

Select string is an option only available in QSST at the moment. You should be able to tell which index the value you want to select has by using your browser's developer tools and looking as the websocket traffic while loading the listbox. Hopefully we'll be able to offer string selection also in QSEST in the future.

Tell me how to use "SmartSearch" in QSEST or is this function not supported by QSEST?

SmartSearch is only available in QSST for now.

Best regards,

Sebastian

kss7374

Hi, Sebastian

Thank you and the team for developing QSEST and for taking the time to answer my questions.

QSEST is a convenient tool for testing application performance, it's a pity that not all functions are implemented yet compared to QSST.

Can you clarify more:
- are there any plans to release a new QSEST release in the near future?
- are there plans to add the functionality of restarting QS services to the task scheduler?

Thanks,

Best regards,

Sergey

SebastianFabian
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Sergey! Thanks for your feedback.

We continually release new versions of the tool, usually to coincide with new versions of Qlik Sense Enterprise for Windows. It's also being iteratively worked on in terms of adding functionality. Last release was in December, so we expect to ship a new one in a couple of months but we have no firm time frame.

To get an idea of what we have in the pipeline feel free to take a look at the open source project upon which the tool is based: https://github.com/qlik-oss/gopherciser (Check Releases for changelogs and compare with the gopherciser version specified in the first post of this forum topic)

We currently have no plans of adding service restarts to the scheduler (although it could be achieved by calling a custom powershell script from the scheduler!). But we do take all feedback received into consideration!

BR,

Sebastian