Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jens_Argentzell
Employee
Employee

Tool for easy creation of load/performance tests of QlikView (v.10 and 11)

Document replaced by QV Scalability Tools (QV10,QV11)

68 Replies
Sebastian_Fredenberg

Yes you are correct in that 100 instances that have been configured to use 3GB each will consume 300GB...which is a lot and not feasible. It is in that case an idea is to lower the heap size if many different scenarios need to be executed at the same time (set in the execution tab in the tool).

But it sounds like this is not what is needed really. Your example where you have the same scenario that is valid on 100 different documents really sound like you can handle the script as if you are testing a looped&reduced document. So in that case, check the "Use Reduced Document list" on the properties tab and point to a file conting the filenames of all documents you want to test.

So in short, yes - one instance is enough to simulate 100 users accessing 100 different documents, assuming the scenario is valid for each.

Regarding (2): We have not written any documentation about the subject. You can merge several scripts (called thread groups in jmeter) into one large in jmeter and then run that. However the issue that will arise is that each thread group will need its own settings and variables, and how it is implemented now these settings will be shared between thread groups.To fix that, either variables need to have unique names...or a component can be added for each thread group that sets the variables to what is needed for that specific thread group (not using the general ones created by the scalability tool).

General advice on how to work with jmeter can be found on http://jmeter.apache.org/, which is what these changes will require.

cheers

/Sebastian

Not applicable

Thanks Sebastian.

Best Regards,

Swetha

Not applicable

Sebastian,

How does the tool generate results/log files? incase we run several Jmeter instances to test load towards multiple documents or if large number of users to be silumated, does Jmeter has feature to collaborate the results/log files created in all the Jmeter instances run?

Not applicable

I found the answer in the User Guide for the Analyzer.doc, that it is possible using Grouping-functionality. Sounds good!

Thanks,

Swetha

Not applicable

Hi Sebastian,

How to control whether the files is accessed simulating an AJAX client or as an IEPlugin client? is this already covered in any documentation, if so please point it to me.Thank you .

Sebastian_Fredenberg

Hi,

The tool simulates users accessing through the ajax client. I'm not sure if and where it is mentioned in the documentation, but we will update it if needed. Thanks.

/Scalability Center

Not applicable

Hi Sebastian,

So we cannot simulate users accessing through IEPlugin?

Thank you or your response,

Swetha

Sebastian_Fredenberg

That is correct, only ajax is supported

/Sebastian

Not applicable

I have configured the Scalability Tool to user header authentication, set Header="QVUSER", used the default values in ..\SupportFiles\usrpwd.txt, configured QVServer to DMS, set the User Doc of interest Autherization to "<AllAuthenticated".

I run the script, and from log entries below it appears I get no errors ...

1367435802577,0,qlikmachineid:1f1cdc44-3005-4b38-b0f4-4d90d0630053|localhost|Films.qvw|1,200,OK,QlikView 1-1,text,true,0,1,1,0

1367435800870,1708,Open Document #3,200,"Number of samples in transaction : 39, number of failing samples : 0",QlikView 1-1,,true,287039,1,1,979

and it appears that no CAL was consumed by running the tool.

Is this expected behavior?

Not applicable

Load Script Failure reloading SC_Results - DemoTest.qvw

I made no modification to the DemoTest files. When open the above qvw and invoke Reload, the load scrip appears to complete because the last lines in the logging dialog are

QVSEVENTS << Events 11,594 lines fetched

SessionLog << SessionsLog 2,221 lines fetched

commentmap << INL6D47 163 lines fetched

but when I close the dialog I get

Execution of script failed. Reload old data?

Any suggestions?