Skip to main content
Announcements
Do More with Qlik - Qlik Cloud Analytics Recap and Getting Started, June 19: REGISTER
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AndyBurnsJPM
Contributor II
Contributor II

Automate Changing of Postgres Passwords

In the following link

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/How-to-reset-forgotten-PostgreSQL-password-i...

we see instructions on how that password can be amended manually. However, if we wanted to automated this, would it be possible? More specifically, I am enquiring about this part within the QlikSenseUtil. Is it possible to do the same think via cmd line?

"Adjust the connection string using QlikSenseUtil Open QlikSenseUtil (C:\Program Files\Qlik\Sense\Repository\Util\QlikSenseUtil) Open the Connection String Editor tab Click Read Adjust the password Click Save Value in config file encrypted "

When we install qlik sense we're asked for a dbpassword parameter. Within the sharedpersistenceconfig we're also asked for a DbUserPassword. Are these both separate users in the database or how are they used? I did see this mentioned in the article:

"

postgre: the super user

qliksenserepository: the service user; if the database was installed manually or set up with QPI, this may be the only user set up

The passwords must be the same for both. "

Labels (3)
0 Replies