Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visha_89
Contributor
Contributor

Can we add security group to QlikSense hub custom properties using qrs api in python

I'm trying to add hub custom properties using qrs api in python script. Able to add to app custom properties successfully but trying to add to hub custom properties. Please help me with the endpoints or the steps to add

3 Replies
Bastien_Laugiero

Hello, 

I am not sure I totally understand what you mean by Hub custom properties. Are you referring to the capacity of adding custom properties to certain Applications from the Qlik Sense Hub? Similar to what is documented here.

If this is the case then you can use the QRS API PUT /app/{id} documented here.

Someone did something similar by adding custom properties on Users which follow the same principle. 

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Integration-Extension-APIs/QRS-API-updating-users-custom-properties/td...

Hope this helps! 

Bastien Laugiero
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT.
Visha_89
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Laugiero, Thanks for your response! In my post i refer to Hub custom properties where we have the common custom properties for the whole qmc instead of individual app. 

navigation: Start->Manage Resources->Custom Properties. Here we could find all the app management groups/security groups added in qmc. 

My requirement is to add the security group in this custom property instead of individual app. Hope this explains.

Bastien_Laugiero

Hi, 

Thank you for the feedback. 

I believe this is the API you are looking for 

This will allow you to create custom properties and/or associated value directly without having to do it on a per-app basis. 

Hope this helps! 

Bastien Laugiero
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT.