Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qwebnm
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

User Account Permission Issue

Dear Qlik Team,

I hope this message finds you well.

We are currently experiencing an issue related to user account permissions and are seeking assistance as resolution has proven challenging.
Specifically, we have observed an unexpected disappearance of the "exportdata" permission for a user account.
Although the permission was originally present, it vanished suddenly.
Upon checking in the morning, it was missing, but by the afternoon, the "exportdata" permission had returned to normal.

Despite ongoing investigation, we have been unable to pinpoint the exact cause of this issue.
From our initial assessment, there appear to be no issues in the log records, and it seems that no one made any arbitrary changes.

If you have any insights or guidance on where to begin troubleshooting this problem, we would greatly appreciate your assistance at your earliest convenience.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Thanks & Regards.

Labels (4)
6 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

In my view, please

- Check if any security rule modified before issue reported.

- Check if Engine node settings is customized in Advanced property "Export memory limit (bytes)".

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
qwebnm
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Thank you for your response.

There have been no changes to the security rules, and the account in question has been consistently used without any issues.

The "Export memory limit (bytes)" engine node setting is deactivated with a value of -1.

Is there any specific area among the reviewed settings where a potential issue is expected?
Alternatively, are there additional areas that should be examined?

If possible, I would appreciate further guidance in your response.

Thank you.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Maybe HAR files can help from user browser, before that ask them to clear history in browser and ask user to share HAR file when issue happen.

Otherwise, one idea could be check with support portal if anyone can help by creating case.

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
qwebnm
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Gratitude for Your Response and Query Regarding HAR File

Thank you for your prompt response.

Would checking the HAR file be helpful in identifying the root cause of the issue? The 'exportdata' permission was missing not only in the user's browser but in all browsers. Interestingly, after a certain period, the permission returned without any intervention.

Could you please provide insight into the specific aspects we should be looking for when examining the HAR file?

I would appreciate it if you could share your insights on this matter.

Thank you once again for your ongoing support.

qwebnm
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Is there anything else I need to check?
Please tell me if possible.

thank you.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Apologies for the delay, in general it depends how users cache blocking. Do you have fiddler tool? IF so, please generate the logs when incident occur with this, we can see the traffic and how user browser cookie is clocking at what instance.