Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dirk_fischer
Creator II
Creator II

Using an wildcard in USERID for section access

Hi all,

we try to set up a section access with our QlikSense Enterprise installation. Basically we want to give access to all users in the 1st step and after they signed in to a specific area (via partial reload), we want to limit the access to this area.

Limiting the access is not the problem, but providing access for users who have not signed in to a specific area is. From the documentation, I would have expected that I can do something like 

ACCESS USERID

USER      *

But this is not working. If I run the script, it aborts and the error message says, that the user running the script is getting locked out by the section access and therefore the script is aborted.

Does anybody have a working example how to use the wildcard * in USERID for section access?

Thanky you very much for your help.

Best regards

Dirk

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dirk_fischer
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi all,

I found the reason for the behaviour. If you load the data for the section access from a resident table, you have to drop the table after activating the section access. Then the wildcard * works as expected.

Best regards

Dirk

View solution in original post

2 Replies
dirk_fischer
Creator II
Creator II
Author

As a follow up, this is the code I try to use. But for some reason it's not working as expected.

ACCESS_TABLE:
Add Load
Inline [ACCESS, USERID
ADMIN, INTERNAL\SA_REPOSITORY
ADMIN, INTERNAL\SA_SCHEDULER
ADMIN, INTERNAL\SA_API
USER, *
]
;

Section Access;
Replace Load
Resident ACCESS_TABLE
;
Section Application;

dirk_fischer
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi all,

I found the reason for the behaviour. If you load the data for the section access from a resident table, you have to drop the table after activating the section access. Then the wildcard * works as expected.

Best regards

Dirk