Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
This page is no longer in use. To suggest an idea, please visit Browse and Suggest.

Add Boolean data type to replicate from DB2 for LUW V11.5.7

FrankBosh
Contributor III
Contributor III

Add Boolean data type to replicate from DB2 for LUW V11.5.7

Please enhance Qlik Replicate November 2021 to replicate Boolean data type from DB2 for LUW V11.5.7 to Azure SQL Server.  We’re getting “SQL invalid data type -7” error message on Qlik Replicate after upgrading to DB2 for LUW V11.5.7. 

The link suggests IBM DB2 for LUW Boolean data type is not supported.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/replicate/November2021/Content/Replicate/Main/IBM%20DB2%20for%20LUW/db2_...

Tags (1)
4 Comments
john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @FrankBosh ,
Thanks for you reporting this.

There are several articles and FR requests, for easy to trace I'm summarizing them here:

1. Frank, new article

2. Frank , last year similar article

3. Frank, this FR article

IBM introduces BOOLEAN data type in newer DB2 LUW 11.5  and DB2i V7R5. let's wait for PM Team approval. We may trace the PM update in this article.

Regards,

John.

john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @FrankBosh ,

Got information from PM team that BOOLEAN data type for IBM DB2 LUW is in R&D consideration, hopefully we get it verified in Q2/Q3 this year (this is not commitment yet). We will keep you posted of any new progress.

Hops this helps.

Regards,

John.

Meghann_MacDonald

From now on, please track this idea from the Ideation portal. 

Link to new idea

Meghann

NOTE: Upon clicking this link 2 tabs may open - please feel free to close the one with a login page. If you only see 1 tab with the login page, please try clicking this link first: Authenticate me! then try the link above again. Ensure pop-up blocker is off.

Ideation
Explorer II
Explorer II

Status changed to: Closed - Archived