Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW

Current Selection while export data

Riccardo
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Current Selection while export data

Like Qlik View, If I export data from App, I have to know what selection active are

Riccardo Schillaci
BI Analyst
Datawarehouse & Business Intelligence
52 Comments
vegard_bakke
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

I second this suggestion.  It is crucial that the context is exported as well as the numbers. 

In a mashup, we managed to solved this in a cumbersome way, by adding new columns for all the fields with a selection, in a duplicate of the chart's hypercube definition.  It works when exporting to Excel, but is quite a bit of extra overhead that may or may not break at each upgrade. 

John_Teichman
Former Employee
Former Employee

For reference, this request was included in another idea from 2018: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Sense-Ideas/Show-applied-selections-in-Snapshot-library-and-data-.... This idea will stay open, even though it is a duplicate.

95tribe
Contributor
Contributor

This is a very important requirement for our stakeholders. It was standard behavior in our QlikView apps. When we migrated to Qlik Sense this functionality was not available and is the biggest complaint from our users. 

Caique_Zaniolo
Employee
Employee

Thank you all for your feedback on ways to improve our product. While this is something we understand would be important to provide more context to exported files, this is not in our short-term roadmap.
Please continue to show your support for this idea.

Status changed to: Open - Collecting Feedback
blipblopdk
Creator
Creator

I second that this suggestion and actually made the same suggestion, but it has been closed due to being a duplicate request. Here is my original request:

I would like to suggest that active filter selections are included when doing an "Export data" of a visualization (table, chart or other type) in Qlik Sense.

This will clearly help every user exporting data, as they will know what they have exported / are looking at in Excel.

In my opinion, this is such a basic feature, that I do not understand that it is not already included in Qlik Sense.

millerhm
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

+1 from me - this is a consistent requirement from our users as well. An export is not useful/reliable if it does not contain selections context.

pierreguss1
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

I agree, it is very important for users

Please also add the extract date

as63
Contributor
Contributor

For me this is not an option but a must-have. I don't understand why this feature has been removed (compared to QV).

Ame
Contributor III
Contributor III

@  

Can you explain how you did this in a mashup? I am using Qlik sense pivot table, I want to have the option to export data with current selections.

vegard_bakke
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

I don't know if the pivot table will influence this in a way. It might, at the dimensions are split on to axis.

I don't remember it all, but I'll try to explain:

We have a mashup were the 'export' button lives.  This code takes the hypercube definition of the chart that should be exported. It also retrieved the selected filter dimensions.

Then it builds a new hypercube definition. Takes a copy of the existing one. Adds each dimension from the selection object (if not already in the hypercube). Sends this off to the server, and calls export to excel on this hypercube. 

You end up having your selection fields as separate columns in the excel export. And with the selection values repeated throughout all the rows.

Hope this helps.  But, yes, it is a bit fiddly. 😉