Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Parallel Load feature for HANA source end point

l9phan1
Creator
Creator

Parallel Load feature for HANA source end point

I would like to see an option for parallel load feature for HANA source end point.   This will help reduce time and potential error for loading large tables from HANA (> Billion of rows).

7 Comments
dtylerlivingston
Contributor II
Contributor II

This would be helpful in our environment too.  By 2021 we will have multiple instances of HANA and some of our  tables have billions of rows as well.

chekurim
Contributor
Contributor

Parallel load feature in Qlik for HANA source end point   helps to  avoid manual work to  split the load into multiple logical partitions  .Currently without this feature its  lot of manual effort  to split big tables into multiple tasks with different settings in each task to aviod overlapping  of the tasks loading same table.

Also having parallel load option in qlik the load balancing will be automatically controlled. Now without this option some one running  multiple parallel tasks without realizing CPU sizing etc cc . There will be resource bottle necks and causing latency issues. 

Ola_Mayer
Employee
Employee

Status changed to: Open - On Roadmap
Anonymous
Not applicable

I second your idea. we are also in the same boat, but SAP HANA as a Target. It would be better to have this feature soon. when there are no technical limitations with this feature, I was wondering why it wasn't in place already.

Thanks

Attunity_user
Creator
Creator

We are still exploring and in the phase of  POC, the Attunity Replicate for Oracle to Oracle.  There are some areas of configurations in Attunity Replicate is opaque.

Could both of you share how the replication is working from HANA to HANA or HANA to something else (target) or something else (source) to HANA?  

We are also looking at this area to see how the SAP to HANA going to work.  Is that going to be similar to Oracle to Oracle through Redo logs or some other procedures? 

Thanks!

Shelley_Brennan
Former Employee
Former Employee

Support for parallel load for HANA sources is now available with the Nov 2021 release of Qlik Replicate.

Status changed to: Delivered
l9phan1
Creator
Creator

Thank you Shelley!!!