Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

post flooding detected

Hi @Sue_Macaluso @Melissa_Potvin 

I am experiencing this weird behaviour when community page prevents me from posting answers. First time i try to post answer it throws one error that there is some HTML issue, second time i try to post it it warns me with another error. See screenshots. 

In short - this made me unable to post 5 of 8 answers today

do you have any suggestions on how to fix this?

1.png2.png

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Melissa_Potvin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Lech, Vegar,  we have modified settings on the flood control settings so that users can post 3-4 unique messages within 3600 seconds.  This is something we will need to test together to make sure is acceptable while protecting the community from spam. 

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Vegar
MVP
MVP

I have for as long as I can remember frequently received the nagging html error messages when posting to the forum, but today I also get the same flooding message as @Lech_Miszkiewicz. Waiting an hour to retry posting makes it impossible to participate in the dialog.

Screenshot_20200818-065300_Edge.png

Sue_Macaluso
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Lech_Miszkiewicz @Melissa_Potvin Lech, I will bring this to the attention of our vendor.   I am so sorry for the inconvenience. 

Sue Macaluso
Sue_Macaluso
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Lech_Miszkiewicz This is the response that I received. 

The other error you mentioned around HTML and flood controls is actually very standard and expected - when a user uses HTML they do not have access to use the application detects this and stops them while displaying a message about their improper HTML, but if the user tries to submit again too quickly the spam flood controls then kick in and temporarily block them to prevent spamming. The user should be able to post if they use only HTML they are permitted to use and they update their subject title so it's different from their first submission attempt (flood controls look at duplicate subjects so you can circumvent them by changing your subject).

Sue Macaluso
Vegar
MVP
MVP

The thing with the html error is that it appears even when the edit is done in the normal editor without any attempt to modify the html. The html editor icon is not available when posting from an android phone.

My guess is that one of these activites are causing the error.

• Bullet list
  • Custom formating bold or italic
  • Adding an link/url
  • Adding an image
  • Pasting text/url  from an other app/site.

Edit: I did not get any error posting this reply 😄

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Author

Hi @Sue_Macaluso  

1. I agree with @Vegar . I never try edit HTML and only use available controls from menu.
  2. I cannot change title/subject as per your suggestion, as I was only replying to post (not creating new thread)

side note: Since i posted about it few days ago I did not have issues with those errors recently, but instead i noticed that my session tend to expire sometimes and I loose all content i created. I cannot revive it anymore by using last saved version of post/reply i was preparing.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Melissa_Potvin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all, we are evaluating this on our end, understand the problem and will get back to you. thanks, 

Melissa_Potvin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Lech, Vegar,  we have modified settings on the flood control settings so that users can post 3-4 unique messages within 3600 seconds.  This is something we will need to test together to make sure is acceptable while protecting the community from spam.