Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Monitoring Qlikview apps.

Hi,

I am working on Qlikview Version 10.00.9519.9 SR5 64-bit Edition. I have a task, where I need "health-check" of all the qlikview apps running in the server. For example: If at any moment, 10 Qlikview apps are running, then I need to know the basic info about those apps: like Name of the apps, Objects that are being used, Since how long the app has been running, what is the CPU utilization, size of the QVW etc. And then, display this data in a dashboard.

So, is there any table where we have such metadata available? If not, is there a way to get this information in a spreadsheet or a dashboard?

Thanks!!!

7 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

What do you mean by "Running"? Applications reloading, or just applications resident in memory and being used by AP visitors?

For a start, you can try QlikView Application: System Monitor v5.0.16. Does interesting things with various sources of information.

Good luck,

Peter

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi

This QlikView Governance Dashboard 1.1 Available for Download is well worth looking at, it gives loads of useful information and is, I believe formally supported by QlikTech.

Best Regards,     Bill

Not applicable
Author

Hey Peter..."Running" implies that the apps that are currently being reloaded. I read that System Monitor supports  QV 11, while I am using version 10.
Thanks!!!

Not applicable
Author

Hello Bill

I read the system requirement for Governance Dashboard 1.1
It requires QV 11 (or greater). Is there anything that supports QV 10.

Thanks-

Abhishek

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Click a few times through these discussions Does anyone have.... An older version capable of handling QV10 logs is still floating around on the community. Download the attachment and try it out.

Best,

Peter

Not applicable
Author

You need to maintain the all the information into table or small file and load the data into Health Check report.

Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee

Bill is correct that the Governance Dashboard (available on main QlikView download site) is fully supported by QlikTech.

Also, it does only support QV 11.0 and higher.

When I was using QV 10, we used the old Ops Monitor (built for QV 9).  At the moment, then, I would say that QV10 is somewhat in between Governance tools.

Tyler