Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Load excel file into QLikView - merge tables

All,

I am loading a table from excel into QLikView using

- New

- Edit Script

- Table Files as datasource --> browse my .xls file

my .xls document is a table with monthly sales: rows are companies, columns are months in 2012 Jan to Dec. Into QlikView, import gives me 13 tables: one with the companies names, and 12 with sales for each months.

1. how do i get a single table on import, very similar to the table in Excel ? what is it not the default presentation mode ?

2. if there is no mean to load the .xls into one single table, how can i merge the tables as to get a single table ?

thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

These are not three tables but they are list boxes

For making tables...

Right CLick

New sheet object

Table box

add all

OK...

Also pls don't create two discussions for same question..

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

I don't think your qlikview document has thirteen tables. You're probably seeing 13 listboxes for the individual fields. Press Ctrl+T to open the table viewer. You will likely see only one table. If not, please post the offending document.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

what is the table viewer on CTRL+T for ? it does not solve my problem. Using this script now:

TableName:

CrossTable(Month, Data)

LOAD [Corporate Account],

Jan,

Feb,

Mar,

Apr,

May

FROM

Book1.xlsx

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Sheet1);

i get the enclosed file. i still have three tables. how can i simply duplicate into Qlikview a table in same format as the original table ?

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

These are not three tables but they are list boxes

For making tables...

Right CLick

New sheet object

Table box

add all

OK...

Also pls don't create two discussions for same question..

Not applicable
Author

Thanks a lot. I understand QLikView works with unitary data columns, that can be combined into views, and Table Box is one of them.