cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Number formatting lost in excel export

Hi,

I've been looking around the communtiy for a solution of the export problem and i've seen that it WAS i bug (but not anymore i guess) and my QV is up to date with the latest release.

So here's my problem. I have expressions in my table that have conditionally set number formats accordingly. So some of the rows are in % and some in integers. In QV this looks great. But when i export it to excel, regular icon i header, (using ajax by the way), it's in text format. I can't use the number formatting in the properties since i have the conditional formatting so that is my problem.

Anyone have an idea what to do?

Thanks in advance!

//A.

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

The only solution I've seen is nesting the expressions with num(). This way the expressions won't be exported as text. Not sure you'll keep the formatting if column was a % though, but you could try num(YourExpression, '0.00 %') for these cases.

Best,

Matt

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

But that is how i have formatted the numbers in the column. Maybe i wasn't clear on that point .

I have an if statment in the expression to set the number format (num()) if it is suppose to be an integer or a %-age.

vadimtsushko
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Dynamic formatting of chart excpression works for us on QV11 SR4 and SR5.

We've switched to such technic in current projects.

Take a note that currently Num() formatting does not preserve by `Sent to Excel` command, but Money() formatting exports correctly

See also my post at     inqlik dot github dot io /2014/01/dynamic-number-formatting-in-chart-expressions/ for more info and samples

I that do not work for you, maybe you can make a sampe qvw file with your problem, I would look, if it work in my environment normally.