Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

CAL assignment and its time

Hi All,

I want to know much time it will take to assign or delete the Named cal user/Doc cal in QV10.

How we can assign Named cal in qv 10 and when am setting the E-mail alert for failure of QVW its overriding the existing mail.

I hope that we can set for failure alerts more id's as well like   id1 @eg.com;id2@eg.com if am not wrong.

Thanks in adv,

Ravi

3 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I cannot tell how long it will take you to assign a CAL but it's a fairly easy process if you know your way around the different management consoles.

CAL assignment becomes effective immediately.

CAL deletion becomes effective after either your mousepress on the Apply button, or 24hrs after the last usage of this CAL, whichever is later. If the CAL has not been used for more than 24 hrs, it will be freed immediately.

I'm not sure I understand your trouble with notifications and email addresses. You can set multiple destinations for a failure message. Is that what you want to know?

Peter

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Peter !!!

How we can set the Failure alerts for couple of id's.How we can assign name cal.

Thans,

Ravi

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Assigning Named CALs In QEMC -

• Go to System – Licenses Tab – select Qlikview server in left pane.
  • Right Pane select client access licenses (CALs) tab.
  • Select Assigned CALs Tab.
  • Enter new user text box with DomainName/UserID (User id can be found in Active directory.)
  • Click on Assign CAL button.
  • Check if new user present in list of existing users list box.
  • If new user listed click on Apply button – user will be given access for Named CALs