Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Advanced performance tuning techniques into QV.

Dear all,

Please give me good Ideas about,

QlikView Application level (UI), Publisher level and Server lever (QVS) -Implementing the performance tuning and advanced performance tuning techniques using into QV. Any documentation into existing.

Regards,

Raja.

6 Replies
giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

hope this helps!

Not applicable
Author

PFA

Not applicable
Author

Hi Loannis,

Thanks for your replay,

I have above documents.

Please bit elaborate common steps are generally for into QV development like avoided the complex query, avoided nested loops, unused fields, avoid synthetic key, avoid the unused tables, avoid more dimension fields and more record into Pivot table and straight table,use GRID container object like that.

Regards,

Raja.

giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Do you need VMWare settings also?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Venkat Reddy and Loannis Giakoumakis,

Thanks for your prompt replay sir.

Regards,

Raja

Not applicable
Author

To improve the performance of Qlikview follow this

- Load only required fields remove unused fields from data model, so that the qlikview file is automatically reduced

- Truncate Time part in date fields, if time is not used in your dashboard.

- Load only required data, ie., if your users analyse only past 3 years data, then load only latest 3 years data instead of loading entire data.

- Do all the calculations required in script itself, insteady dynamically at runtime.

- Avoid using If, try using set analysis.

- Don't display all the charts at once in dashboard, show and hide charts based on the button clicks, so that extra time of loading hidden charts is reduced.

- By default sort the data in script itself, and in dashboard select Load Order, it is optimized one.

- Star Schema is the best data model, it reduces the number of joins.

- Sufficient RAM is required, if file size increased, consider this also if it is not possible to reduce data.

I hope it helps you

regards

Mahesh T