Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to Schedule Jobs in QMC

Hi,

Can anybody please explain me, on what basis we schedule jobs in QMC. I mean QVW file refresh.

If i get data every week, then when should we schedule QVW files refresh in QMC. how frequently QVW files will be refreshed. I need to know how to analyse timing in this case.

6 Replies
whiteline
Master II
Master II

Hi.

On the basis:

- the frequency the data should be refreshed in QV.

- the delay that can be afforded between changes in the sources and in QV.

- the period of time that is needed for QV to reload.

- the logic of relations between different QVW.

etc.

Colin-Albert

Even if your data only changes once a week, I would schedule the reload to run at least daily, so if for any reason your data arrives late, users do not have to wait until next week for the update.

Not applicable
Author

The most realistic way is to schedule batch jobs, data file is delivered and then reload task, on system management tool running in the company or on windows task scheduler.

QlikView server offers QV.exe file which can be called from system management tool or other applications.

See the following site for the further information about QV.exe.

http://qlikviewmaven.blogspot.jp/2008/08/qlikview-command-line-and-automation.html

Not applicable
Author

Thank you so much for your suggestions. can you explain me with an example pleasee....

Not applicable
Author

Thank you so much Colin. but can you please explain me in detail, do you mean the reload depends only on the data change or do we need to analyze anything like time taken to refresh QVd file, QVW files etc... i mean how do we analyze to schedule the task....