Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Connect Dots in Scatter Chart with Line

Is it possible to connect the dots in a Scatter Chart with lines?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

If you add a second dimension, it will connect everything for that dimension together with lines. So one solution is to add a "dummy" calculated dimension, like =1. There might be a better solution.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

If you add a second dimension, it will connect everything for that dimension together with lines. So one solution is to add a "dummy" calculated dimension, like =1. There might be a better solution.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you very much! At first, I wasn't able to do this because I had 3 dimensions in my chart. I had to promote a specific dimension to make the line show up. Surprisingly, @qlickview twitter account said that it's not possible: @jojitsoriano You cannot join the points together, but you can add trendlines to the chart. #QlikView

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Well, not everyone will know every feature, and that includes QlikTech employees. I've been using it for about five years now, and I still routinely run across features I didn't know about.

kalyandg
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Sir,

Why should we use the calculaated dimension as =1, to connect the symbols with lines? Is there any other values to be used for Calculated Dimension? Please explain me.

kji
Employee
Employee

the actual value is unimportant, you just want to create a dimension with a single value to make all the values connect.

kalyandg
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Dear John,

Can we add trendlines to the Scatter chart?

Please explain how.

Regards

Murali

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jojitsoriano,

I am not able to connect the dots in a scatter chart even using the second dimension.Can you post a sample qvw so that it will be more helpful to me.

Regards

Murali Krishna