Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Dynamic Bucket Value Based on Calculated Percentage

I created a straight table with one of my expression columns being an aggregated average calculation based on a start and end date selected by the user. Using that percentage value, I am trying to calculate and display a bucket category based on whether it falls between a low and high range defined in a lookup table.

Example of what the output should be:

FirmRoleUnderlyingCompliance %Bucket
Company abcDPMXYZ95.123A
Company defMMZYX92B

The expression for Compliance % is :

=Aggr( AVG( if (TRADE_DATE >= $(vStartDate) AND TRADE_DATE <= $(vEndDate), COMPLIANCE_PCT) ), FIRM_NAME, RESP_ROLE_TYPE_CODE, UNDER_SEC_SYM)

My list of bucket categories is a lookup table that is not linked to any other table because the percentage column is dynamic and is recalculated each time the user selects a different start and end date.

BucketLowValueHigh Value
A9599
B9094.99

The bucket ranges can change in the future and need this to be dynamic, so using If statements is not a solution for this. I tried the following expression for the Bucket column but it does not work:

= if ( $(vEndDate) >= START_DATE AND $(vEndDate) <= END_DATE,

if( [Compliance %] >= LOW_RANGE AND [Compliance %] <= HIGH_RANGE, BUCKET)

)

Does anybody know how to achieve something like this?

Thanks,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Attached is a solution I can think of. This is not the best of solutions but will work since the no. of buckets is only 5 and wont change.

One of the main challenges is that the Bucket table is an island and the resultant dynamic Compliance Value needs to be compared in that island table.

Please take a look at the back-end variables and the expression for the bucket name on the front-end.

Hope its of some help.

Thanks

AJ

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Edgar,

This is a very interesting case. Let me ask you a question. How many buckets would you have. You mentioned the bucket ranges can change, but will the number of buckets itself change?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Ajay,

The buckets range from A - E. The number of buckets will not change, only the ranges could change in the future.

Thanks,

Edgar

Not applicable
Author

Attached is a solution I can think of. This is not the best of solutions but will work since the no. of buckets is only 5 and wont change.

One of the main challenges is that the Bucket table is an island and the resultant dynamic Compliance Value needs to be compared in that island table.

Please take a look at the back-end variables and the expression for the bucket name on the front-end.

Hope its of some help.

Thanks

AJ

Not applicable
Author

Thank you, Ajay! It's a step in the right direction. Will try this out on Monday.

Thanks again,

edgar