i have checked usage according to this article.
The biggest diagram consumes about 0,112 MB, the biggest table overall about 137 MB.
Overall it's very responsive in the desktop application though
That was a good strategy to follow. I could give you the whole investigation protocoll, but I'll spare you that.
Right now it looks like that it is an encoding issue (or something related to characters in the field values). The characters aren't visible in QlikView, they do show when investigating the content via the Table viewer (Ctrl + T) though.
Regarding that field with the values, it happens if:
- when a listbox with that field is added (even if the field value is not scrolled into view)
- when a straight table with that field is added (even if the field value is not scrolled into view)
- when a pivot table with that field is added (even, if the field value is not scrolled into view, but NOT when the field with that value is collapsed)
I stopped there. The obvious solution will be to clean the data, but I find that to be a quite a violent reaction to an incorrect character.
I'll give more details as soon as I have them. Also will check the release notes of SR3, SR4 and SR5. If nothing seems to have been corrected there, a bug report seems to be in order
You could use Fiddler to see if you can see why it is failing. The other thing you can do (what we do in support) is remove one object at a time to see if you can figure out what object is causing the failure.
Once you find the object you can work with it to see what might be causing the issue.