Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to change values in Drill down in qlikview?

hi,

I created Drill down chart in qlik view .in that chart when i click drill down button the values did not change .i do  not  know how to change values in that chart.I want to change values like when i click  that Drill down button the values automatically changed .I do not know how to do this  task ple tell me out how to do it. I attached snipping files below  this box. I Explained Each and Every step with my snipping files.

1.DD1.

2.DD2

3.DD4.I Wrote Expression In Expression tab like  Count(Name)

4.DD5( bar chart)

Thank you

Regards:

madhu

5 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Possibly, count(Name) returning same number for two different dimensions. Check your data. If any doubt, try to share a sample qvw.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks.I want change values that is  when i click drill down button the values changed I want to do that ple you see my another snipping file that is DD5.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

I guess, your drill is fine, but the data/model could have an issue. Take two charts with two different dimensions(you are using in drill group) and see if the coun(Name) is giving the same output or not.

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

I think you might be misunderstanding something about the drill down. There is no "drill down button", there are drill down groups. Make a drill group and use this as a dimension in a chart or table.

To drill down, make a selection in the normal manner (typically select a dimension value, which is at the top level of a drill group). This will then expand the dimension according to the drill down group. If there are more levels in the drill group, you can keep selecting the dimension value to drill in further.

Then click the "drill group button" to return back up the drill path.

HTH

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
senarath
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

In order for you to use a drill group, you should have a direct relationship of fields may be hierarchical. E.g Parent Child OR level 01, 02, 03, OR Major Category, Sub Category, Minor Category,etc,.relationship.

If the fields are not having above nature relationship, you should create a Cyclic Group and NOT a drill group.

thanx