3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 25, 2014 2:03 AM by Friedrich Hofmann RSS

Usage of QlikView_apps

Friedrich Hofmann

Hi,

I have the requirement of measuring how intensively (and to what use - how to measure that?) the QlikView_apps we have developed for different teams are being used.

The best approach I have been able to come up with yet is to use one of the power_tools to measure, day by day, which document_CALs (I have assigned one document_CAL to every team_account, for that team's QlikView_app) are used.

Isn't there a power_tool available to manage CAL_usage? I think so. Is there also some How-to or manual?

(I have tried to set up the Governance_Dashboard, but since I'm not familiar with server environments and server_administration, I didn't quite manage that - might also be because I only have access to the most important logs - they are placed on a Share I can access, so I cannot actually access the Server.

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

• Re: Usage of QlikView_apps
          Bill Britt

HI,

If you turn on audit logging this would help in finding the answer. You would still need to use the Governance_Dashboard or System monitor to find the answer.

Bill

Friedrich Hofmann

Hi Bill,

many thanks! Audit_logging is kind of tricky, I think it does impact server_performance quite a bit, doesn't it?

Well, I will have to look for some encompassing How-to or so for general admin purposes anyway.

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

Friedrich Hofmann

Hi Bill,

I'm back once again with this question:

Like I said, Audit_logging is somewhat tricky insofar as it impacts performance on the server and we'll have to discuss that with IT.

As a first step, I'd like to use what is available via the QMC - the usage of the CALs, that is. There is some Power_Tool for this, I think?

That will lead to various imprecisions since we probably won't be able to capture usage of print_out_reports, which are used by some teams.

However, it should be better than nothing.

Can you give me any hints here?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler