Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlik Sense Data Load Editor - Paste SQL query statement

I want to paste an SQL query into the Data Load Editor but can't figure out how that's done with this product?

Anyone know how?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Giuseppe_Novello

Roger,

Copy the Query and within the Qliksense script editor, click until you see the cursor and hit "CTRL+V" aka  paste short-cut with keyboard. I tried it and it should work.

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik

View solution in original post

6 Replies
pbr
Employee
Employee

Are you just trying to copy and paste it? You should be able to copy the connection string and the query from QlikView 11.20 to the Sense Data load editor. It would look basically like the Qlikview 11.20 script.

Not applicable
Author

I have a SQL database and a query with the SELECT, FROM, WHERE... I just want to copy that from the SQL editor and paste it into Data Load Editor in Qlik Sense. If I use Qlik Sense select tables from the db, I get all the fields and I don't want hundreds of fields in the load statement.

Giuseppe_Novello

Roger,

Copy the Query and within the Qliksense script editor, click until you see the cursor and hit "CTRL+V" aka  paste short-cut with keyboard. I tried it and it should work.

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Roger,

Did you see this video here: Data Load Editor - Loading OLE DB Data (video)

It will give you an idea on where you can modify the SQL that is generated from the process.

More New to Qlik Sense videos are available here: New to Qlik Sense Videos

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

That worked!  Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Thanks!