Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Heat map shows 'Others'

Hi,

I've created a heat map which sums up all the small values under 'Others', see attached. Does anybody know how to prevent this from happening?

Thx!

Hila.

10 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Please try setting up dimension limits to maximum number of blocks you have...

If you set 20 using 1.pngShow only option .... you will see 19 blocks and one smallest valued block grouped under others

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sravanthi,

Thanks for your reply but it doesn't work..

-Hila.

annafuksa1
Creator III
Creator III

Could you post your app ?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Anna,

For some reason it won't attach.. Maybe it is too big..

-Hila.

JonnyPoole
Former Employee
Former Employee

I did some research and found a similar post below.  Funny thing is when i try it, i cannot reproduce the scenario that is described within the post as a way of reproducing the problem. I'm using 11.2 SR8... so this may have been fixed ?  You can try loading your app with limited data (go to debug mode in script and do a limited load... and see if you can reproduce with less data and then post).

Re: "Others" block appears in block chart

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jonathan,

I actually tried what they suggested in the post (suggested also by Sravanthi here). Unfortunately it doesn't work..

Thanks for your help!

JonnyPoole
Former Employee
Former Employee

Ok... just to be clear though. A member wrote the following in that post as a simple way to view this problem.

What i was saying is that when i try those exact same steps to see this problem... i actually DON'T see the problem and  perhaps it is fixed in a new version of qlikview.

-------------------------------------

I think it is because the sum of your others is large enough to fit inside the chart and they are the same. The following simple code causes it to happen:

Load

* Inline

[Value, Code

11, a

22, b1

22, b2

22, b3

22, b4

22, b5

22, b6

22, b7

22, b8

22, b9

22, b10

22, b

4000, c

5000, d

6000, e

]

;

Then create a chart with top 8 defined - Hope this helps

Not applicable
Author

I'm using version 11.2. Is there a newer version?

JonnyPoole
Former Employee
Former Employee

11.2 SR8 is the latest.

How about this:

In a new QVW, go through the instructions that i re-posted above and see if you see the same issue. If you do , send me the QVW and i'll 2x check.  sound good ?