Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Drilldown on Maps

Hi,

we are experiencing the following problem:

We have a map including a lot of poits (much as the map is able to display). So I always have the message the map is not showing all data.

I would like to use someting like a drilldown to the map. I would like Qlik Sense to display one point per Country (maybe in different sizes depending on the count of suppliers per country). And I want it to display the suppliers after a country is selected.

The same thing seems to work fine with other diagramms.

We already made a second table with ne country names and geopoints (middle of each country) and joined this to the supplier table and made a drill down dimension including country and supplier. The Map still tries to display all suppliers at the beginning instead of showing only one bubble for a country.

We also could not find any exaples for the function "GeoAggrGeometry", may this help us?

Has anyone an idea?

Thanks

Serhat

4 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Serhat - at the moment this is how the mapping function works. This will be improved upon in future releases. I will show this to our Product Management team and have them respond if feasible,

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
webpomer
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

GeoAggrGeometry can be used to aggregate a number of areas into a larger area. I have used GeoAggrGeometry  in combination with group by. So you can aggregate the areas.

How can I explain the function of GeoAggrGeometry in a simple way? Well, I have created two KML-files and each file includes two polygons. The polygons in the first KML-file overlap and the polygons in the second KML-file are appropriate. When the polygons are appropriate you can’t see any problem in Qlik Sense but when the polygons overlap you will see an error of the depiction.

Ploygons

Greetings

jonathan_dau
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi guys, good to know that you're able to manipulate the GeoAggrGeometry() function with Qliksense.

On my side I have been trying to use this function sometimes with success and sometimes without.

I was able to create different maps with different levels of aggregation, let say Department/Region/Super Region and suddenly I am not able to reload the app anymore and it's like killing the machine I am working on.

I am including the piece of script I use and I thought you guys could probably see what's going wrong there. FYI I am trying to load different tables GeoPoint1, GeoPoint2, GeoPoint3, I could also chose to join them but I haven't done it yet.

Hope you can help.

Thanks very much.

Jon

jonathan_dau
Contributor III
Contributor III

Ok sorry guys, in fact the script had a small issue and I could load correctly my different aggregated areas.

Thanks Robert for your explanation on your blog, it was really useful.

Now I would like to know if it's possible to build a Drill Down Group using the areas that we display in the Map. So that we can actually Drill Down by clicking on a particular area in the Map.

If you guys know a trick please share.

Thanks

Jon