Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Re: Qlikview Sense x Tableau

Michael Tarallo

can you help me????

14 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Edson, what exactly would you like help with? I'd be happy to assist.

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

What is the positive and negative Qlikview SENSE and Tableau. I think that trust comparison is Qlikview SENSE x Tableau right?

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Edson - Qlik has 2 products:

QlikView and Qlik Sense.

QlikView is our proven flagship product which can deliver custom BI applications, guided analytics and data visualization capabilities along with the components to scale and manage a BI environment.

Qlik Sense is our new vision for the next generation of Data Discovery and Self-Service Data  Visualization. It to provides data analysis capabilities similar to QlikView but uses a different paradigm for development, design and deployment. It also lends itself to the most novice of users, anyone can use it. I am presenting our weekly getting started Webinar this Thursday at 2 PM EST - please register if you would like to learn more:

Getting started with Qlik Sense Desktop

In regards to Qlik Sense vs. Tableau - I would suggest you talk to one of our team members so we can identify your needs and fit. You should also contact Tableau and inquire with them, so they can give you a fair and balanced opinion.

Someone should contact you shortly.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Qlik Sense is same as Tableau Desktop..

I guess Qlikview need to crack the Tableau market.. giving same look & feel

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Syed  - et al, - just some small corrections:

Qlik Sense is the name of the new product line that contains:

• Qlik Sense Desktop - local desktop / workstation data visualization and discovery - which is free and provides unrestricted data access, design, storytelling and analytical features that anyone can use very easily.

• Qlik Sense Platform - all of the above, including online server - licensed by token usage not server, provides web based design and discovery, mobile, security, management, governance, APIs.

• Qlik Sense Cloud Sharing (Beta) (part of the Qlik Sense Cloud services offering) - at the moment is free so those using Qlik Sense Desktop can share their insights securely online with others

Also please note that Qlik Sense and QlikView are not SQL query based tools - nor do they use a cache, so technically speaking they are not really the same as Tableau. They bring data into an in-memory index that allow extremely fast response times due to a patented indexing processes and compression. There is also an option to directly query data for Big Data and other real-time analysis needs. (Direct Discovery) - this combined with the associated nature and the power of green, white and shades of gray and global smart search capabilities really make Qlik products unique and stand on their own.

If you are interested - you may want to check out these additional bits of information:

Main video library:  New to Qlik Sense Videos

I encourage anyone interested in selecting a product for data visualization and BI, perform your due diligence of the products and company to see if the product(s) meet your organization's needs.

Please mark the appropriate replies as helpful / correct so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Kind Regards,

Mike

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Mike

thanks for quick Knowledge on Qlik Sense. it's superB to know so much about it..

Thanks again Mike

Not applicable
Author

I read somewhere that QlikView has an advantage over Tableau because it is able to receive and manage data from more sources than Tableau. For example, Tableau may be able to manage 3 data sources tops, then it becomes sloppy (not sure if it supports more data sources though), while QlikView is able to manage  10, if I recall correctly, without a problem. This also means that QlikView is able to manage high amounts of data with a great performance, while Tableau struggles to do so.

Also, you need to do ETL tools in order to work with Tableau. With QlikView you don't.

Not applicable
Author

First of all, tks everybody for answer

Someone can explain for me:

In Qlikview I have QVD and "ETL" ok?

In Tableau I dont have QVD and ETL.

One example that justifies this vantage the ETL (example please) and QVD.

Not applicable
Author

Well the advantage is that you don't need an extra tool with QlikView to do ETL. But with Tableau you do.

I also forgot about the AQL, which is patented by QlikView, that shows the associations while you're clicking (grey and white fields in QV's listboxes).