8 Replies Latest reply: Dec 18, 2015 3:50 PM by Lokesh Patel RSS

How to make the page center?

Zhou Dz

Hello everyone,

I visit the qlikview demo  page and find a demo called OEE Analysis. And I find a qar file named CenterDiv.qar.  I think may be this can make the page center. But how to use this file?  I double click the file but show nothing.

http://democdn.qlikview.com/Downloads/Resources/OEE%20-%20Resources.zip

Who can help me and tell me what can I do next?

Thanks

Zhou

• Re: How to make the page center?
          Josh Good

Hi Zhou,

This is a document extension.  Extract the QAR and then open the QVW you want use it on in QlikView Developer.  Go to Setting -> Document Properties -> Extensions and add the extension to your app.  Save the app.

You also need to copy the extension to your server environment.  By default the extensions will be in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\QlikTech\QlikView\Extensions\Document

Copy the folder with the extension in it to your server putting it in C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer\Extensions\Objects (this is the default location).

Copy the QVW to your server.  Now when you open it using the AJAX client the extension should work.

-Josh

Qlik

Zhou Dz

Hi Josh,

Thank you for your quickly answer. I have solved my problem.

I notice extension these days.  There are lots of demands needs extension. But I can't find more documents or references through the cummunity.

As you are in Qlik expert, could you please give me some resources about extension?

Thans again.

Zhou

ECOTA

Gabriel Rocha

Hello!

This CenterDiv.qar is a Qlikview Extension. If you've double clicked on it, it should have oppened qlikview and showed a message that some components were installed.

In order to use it, you need to go into the extension configuration page Settings > Document Properties > "Extensions" tab) and Add the CenterDiv extension to your document.

It will not work on developement mode, just on WebView mode (View > "Turn on/off WebView").

To work on your server, you will need to copy to your server envoironment.

This extension will be saved by default on this folder:

C:\Users\yourUser\AppData\Local\QlikTech\QlikView\Extensions\Document\CenterDiv

To learn more about extensions, take a look at this page:

http://www.qlikfix.com/2012/07/03/qlikview-extension-tutorials-documentation-and-examples/

Regards,

Gabriel

ISHFAQUE AHMED

Dear Zhou,

Go to Extension CSS file and add/change these settings for center align.

There are so many ways to align content, but here I recommended you these two ways, have a look.

1. Body center align

body {

width:1200px;

padding:0px;

margin:0px auto;

}

2. Div center align

div {

align:center;

}

OR

div {

width:1200px;

padding:0px;

margin:0px auto;

}

Kind regards,

Ishfaque Ahmed

Lokesh Patel

I have created an app with 4 tabs and I want to keep the entire document in centre. Just like the Qlikview Demo mentioned in the original post.

What I have tried so far?

I have tried 2 different extenssions.. 'CenterDiv' And 'CenterAlign'

• This extension is working fine on local machine in 'WebView' Mode. Which is fine with me.
                  • I have installed the extension on the server and I have applied this extension in the same application on that server.

When I open that application on browser via access-point. it does not align anything to centre. (Everything stays where it was)

My Question

How can I keep the all the application in centre on the browser?

Thank you.