24 Replies Latest reply: Dec 14, 2016 3:10 AM by Sharath Kumar RSS

Hub access from mobile devices (iPad/Android)

Hernan Leon

Dear community,

We have installed and configured last week our Qlik Sense server 1.0.2; now there is one dashboard published and we can access to it successfully inside the server and outside over the internet. but now we are trying to access the hub from different mobile devices and we haven't been able to do it so far.In the community there is not a lot of information so I'm opening this discussion. Below few details of what we have done so far:

Add the server IP/DNS to the websocket white list:

Again, when we try to access the hub by browser it works fine (both internal and external); when we try to access the hub using Android 5.0.1 it opens and show us the logging form, after filling up the credentials and click in Log In button we get the following error:

We have double check a lot of times the credentials and they are correct, but every time we log in that's the message we're getting. is there anything that need to be configured to allow the Hub to be accessed from mobile devices?

Thanks a lot!

• Re: Hub access from mobile devices (iPad/Android)
          Hernan Leon

Hi guys,

I tried the steps given in this post, but unfortunately the hub is still inaccessible from mobile devices. A short update:

- I checked the HTTP

- Ports are default 80 and 4248

when I try from my iPad or Android it fails with the message "User mydomain\myuser not authenticated" .. checking to the log C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Log\Proxy it seems the authentication is failing but I don't know the reason, these are the entries I find:

When I tried the non-ssl access from a PC I go to

http://myserver/hub

and I got redirect to:

http://myserver:4248/windows_authentication/?targetId=e8c59e8b-bf84-4b9c-940d-104ded54b631

but after log in with my credentials nothing happens, only blank screen and in the addressbar there is still the address:

http://myserver:4248/windows_authentication/?targetId=e8c59e8b-bf84-4b9c-940d-104ded54b631

Does anyone has an idea about how to solve this issue?

Thanks!

Rajesh Vaswani

Hi,

Could be something to do with security settings on Android Device.

thanks,

Rajesh Vaswani

Phung Nguyen

Thanks for your post, Hernan Leon.

I had received the same issue as Hernan Leon mentioned above and now I can access to my app by android mobile but I need to input the computer name (DOMAIN name) before sign in to hub by mobile. (On desktop browser, it's not required to input the DOMAIN name)

So how can I access to my app by mobile without input the DOMAIN?

Anyone can help me, please!

Best regards,

Phung Nguyen.

Phung Nguyen

Dear all & mto

Can you help us to slove this question?

Thank you so much.

Best regards,

Phung Nguyen

Michael Tarallo

Hi Phung - do you have a support maintenance agreement with Qlik? If so, support should be able to help you. If not let me know and I'll do my best to assist.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Phung Nguyen

Hi Mike,

My company is not actual sign agreement with Qlik, because we are still testing phase.

Project team want to see how Qlik Sense App work on mobile (I really build server test with support from Qlik Retailer and I also get support from them for this case, so they can't find out solution)

I hope you can help us to slove this case.

Best regards,

Phung Nguyen

Michael Tarallo

Hi Phung - let me see how I can help - who is the Qlik Retailer?

What is in your Authentication Patter:

http://help.qlik.com/sense/en-US/online/#../Subsystems/ManagementConsole/Content/QMC_Resources_QPS_EditingVirtualProxy.htm

Do you have the value of "Windows" there?  If so delete it and restart the proxy. I can log in to my mobile environment WITHOUT the domain name:

Thanks

Mike T

Qlik

Phung Nguyen

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your anwser, I have tried to delete the string "Windows" in Windows authentication pattern but it's still appear.

Qlik Retailer is Sun Ivy International Inc

Best regards,

Phung Nguyen

Jeffrey Goldberg

Phung,

Are the users attempting to log in windows users that are members of a domain or local windows users on the Qlik Sense server?  If the former, is the Qlik Sense server part of the domain?

If the accounts used are windows accounts on the local machine use %computername%\userid for the user name and enter in the windows password for the account.

If the accounts used are active directory (domain) accounts and the Qlik Sense server is a member of the domain:

1.  Create an Active Directory user directory connection and point it to the LDAP for the AD.  Uncheck the sync box in the UDC configuration.

2.  Sync the directory connection users.

3.  Add a User Access rule in Licenses and tokens to supply users with tokens who are members of userDirectory=%domain%.

4.  Attempt login and enter the %domain%\userid for the user name and the windows password for the account.

If users are part of an active directory and the Qlik Sense server is NOT a member of the domain, the mobile login page will not work to authorize users to Qlik Sense because there is no way to authenticate users first. 

As a rule, Qlik Sense does not perform authentication.  In scenarios where windows accounts are used it's actually windows performing the authentication and using ticketing to authorize users to Qlik Sense content.

If you are using an identity management system that is not windows to authenticate users, you have to employ ticketing, header injection, or the session module to authorize users to Qlik Sense.  What this means is that the Qlik Sense mobile login will not work because the Qlik Sense mobile login page is designed to help facilitate Windows Authentication on mobile devices that don't prompt for credentials like a desktop browser does when an http 401 response is sent to the browser.

Hope this helps.

Jeff G

Jeffrey Goldberg

Hernan,

Are the users attempting to log in windows users that are members of a domain or local windows users on the Qlik Sense server?  If the former, is the Qlik Sense server part of the domain?

If the accounts used are windows accounts on the local machine use %computername%\userid for the user name and enter in the windows password for the account.

If the accounts used are active directory (domain) accounts and the Qlik Sense server is a member of the domain:

1.  Create an Active Directory user directory connection and point it to the LDAP for the AD.  Uncheck the sync box in the UDC configuration.

2.  Sync the directory connection users.

3.  Add a User Access rule in Licenses and tokens to supply users with tokens who are members of userDirectory=%domain%.

4.  Attempt login and enter the %domain%\userid for the user name and the windows password for the account.

If users are part of an active directory and the Qlik Sense server is NOT a member of the domain, the mobile login page will not work to authorize users to Qlik Sense because there is no way to authenticate users first. 

As a rule, Qlik Sense does not perform authentication.  In scenarios where windows accounts are used it's actually windows performing the authentication and using ticketing to authorize users to Qlik Sense content.

If you are using an identity management system that is not windows to authenticate users, you have to employ ticketing, header injection, or the session module to authorize users to Qlik Sense.  What this means is that the Qlik Sense mobile login will not work because the Qlik Sense mobile login page is designed to help facilitate Windows Authentication on mobile devices that don't prompt for credentials like a desktop browser does when an http 401 response is sent to the browser.

Hope this helps.

Jeff G

khánh trung

Jeffrey,

Is that working on mobile . Because Qlik Sense determines domain automaticly (our server's using only 1 domain). So is that necessary to config Active User Directory. The problem we face is on mobile. How can we log in without filling domain like logging on web browser on PC ??

And how can we change our domain name (using computer name as Qlik Sense installation guide) ??

Best regards,

Khanh

Jeffrey Goldberg

Apologies for the late response on this question.  Once a user exists in Qlik Sense, think of the domain as not really a domain in the windows sense of a domain, but as a user directory that identifies where the user is coming from.  Therefore, no matter how you are log in to Qlik Sense a user directory is required UNLESS you are logging in as a user that is in the windows server's local user directory AND you are using a desktop browser.  (the above statement is experiential)

If you want to avoid the Sense log in page and having to type in a domain (nee user directory), you may want to look at alternative authentication methods like ticketing or header injection.  In these scenarios you create your own login page and you can supply the user directory in code rather than requiring the user to type it in as part of their credentials.

For an example of ticketing, I recommend the Access Control Test Module sample on Branch.

I get this error when I try to add an entry to the Websocket white list. have you guys encountered this before?

running QlikSense on my personal computer works fine, I get this problem when I try to access from my iPad.

thoughts? !

Error.jpg

Kenneth Reineborn

Hi !
                                    I had exactly the same problem in a test environment.
                                    In active directory - I added memberOf - Administrators to the Qlik Sense users and then it was possible to log in from iPhones and Android. Maybe there is another role in AD that works as well so you don't have to give them Administrator rights. But that is to someone else to figure out.

Note.
                                    If you are using only https in a test environment with self signed certificates you will se another error message. "Connection Lost". Solve this problem by open up http port.

Hope it works.

Best Regards.

Kenneth Reineborn

ViewBase - Sweden

All users need to have "log on locally" rights on the windows server hosting the web application which you can find through local security policy on the server. Users can login using Windows authentication fine without this being set for them but if they want to login using a form then they must have this right.

Gaurav Saxena

Hi Hernan Leon,

Any Success for this ,

I am also facing the same.:(

Sharath Kumar

Dear  Hernam Leon,

Please help me...

You mentioned in your Question that, you have Internal and External dashboard and it working fine in desktop. So please help me to resolve my problem.

Hi,

I have created two dashboards (i.e Internal and External) created on two streams and published seperatly.

There are two set of user groups one is Internal and one more is External.

Right now;

Internal user can access only Internal dashboard via http://ABC/dashboard/internal/

and

External user can access only External dashboard via http://ABC/dashboard/External/

Its working fine.

Now my requirement is:

I want a common URL for both internal and External users as follows;

http://XXX/dashboard/mydashboard/     (I.e. Common for both Internal and External)

Depends on user type who login, respective dashboard should be loaded. i.e

If Internal user login; then Internal dashboard should load by default

and If External user login; then External dashboard should load by default

Please Help me to solve my problem...

Thanks in advance..........

Waiting for your reply..

Regards,

Sharath