3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 28, 2017 10:04 AM by omar bensalem RSS

User role to create bookmarks and stories in a published app

Hi

We are creating custom security rules by verifying this document. https://help.qlik.com/sense/en-US/online/index.html#../Subsystems/ManagementConsole/Content/ServerUserGuide/SUG_Configur…

In this link it mentoned to create Developer, Contributor and Consumer role which we liked it. We want to extend rule for consumer. Right now consumer is allowed to view only but we want to extend it and have users in Consumer role create bookmarks, stories but not create sheets in the existing app ? Is that possible to write a rule.

App.Object_Story, App.Object_bookmark ? Are these availabke ?

Can you please let me know

Thanks

• Re: User role to create bookmarks and stories in a published app
          alexander korsikov

yeah! my favorite kind of questions.

create sec rule as my screenshot

Name

client can create all app object but not sheet

Resource Filer

App.Object_*

Condition

!resource.App.stream.Empty() and resource.App.HasPrivilege("read") and (resource.objectType = "userstate"  or resource.objectType = "story" or resource.objectType = "bookmark" or resource.objectType = "snapshot" or resource.objectType = "embeddedsnapshot" or resource.objectType = "hiddenbookmark") and !user.IsAnonymous() and  user.@usertype="Customer"

Action

Create

Rule1.png

Thanks for the reply. It worked for bookmarks and also for creating stories but snapshot icon is missing. Expanded bookmark and create bookmark icon appeared and also for stories.

Below is the header crumb screenshot

Thanks

omar bensalem

Hi Alexander,

I'm currently trying to prevent all the users I have from editing or creating sheets in a published app !

Only the Administrator is able to do so;

Here's what I did :

I disabled a rule called: CreateAppObjectsPublishedApp

copied it and created a new rule :

filter : App.Object_*

create- update

rule:

!resource.App.stream.Empty() and resource.App.HasPrivilege("read") and (resource.objectType = "userstate" or resource.objectType = "sheet" or resource.objectType = "story" or resource.objectType = "bookmark" or resource.objectType = "snapshot" or resource.objectType = "embeddedsnapshot" or resource.objectType = "hiddenbookmark") and user.name="Administrator"

But nothing happens, all of the users still can edit and create sheets in published apps.

what am I missing?