Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need a button in Qlik Sense to trigger code, based on time and date field

In Qlikview I used button which consists of some functions which on clicking , shows me data from Yesterday 6:00 AM till Today morning 6:00 Am. Now I want to apply the same in QLik Sense. Please provide me some suggestions.

Thanks in Advance

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
its_anandrjs

Hi,

In Qlik Sense you can not use the Buttons or trigger as far as right now. Better you can use the SET analysis expression in any chart to display the data from any time to any other time in between this you can get data. Otherwise create the flag field in the script.

Regards

Anand

View solution in original post

6 Replies
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

I think variables are not available in qliksense, so you cannot use buttons for this.  Instead you bring a flag in script for Yesterday 6:00 AM till Today morning 6:00 Am and display this filter in the report, if user selects this filter then the data is filtered accordingly.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.

its_anandrjs

Hi,

In Qlik Sense you can not use the Buttons or trigger as far as right now. Better you can use the SET analysis expression in any chart to display the data from any time to any other time in between this you can get data. Otherwise create the flag field in the script.

Regards

Anand

Not applicable
Author

Just to clarify, variables are available in Qlik Sense 1.1 but as of now you can only create them and modify the values within the Load Script editor using SET or LET sentences.

Also, you could modify the value of a variable by using an Extension. Take a look at this or this extension from Qlik Branch.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Can you plz tel me hw to achieve this??? What changes do I need to make changes in script??

Actually app is scheduled for every morning 6.00 AM....and it only fetches data of last 24hrs... So  how to create flag on each reload???

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

How many days of data you have in this app?  Can you attach the script you are using.

Regards.

Jagan.

Stefan_Walther
Employee
Employee

‌If you are already working with Qlik Sense 2.1.1, you can use https://github.com/stefanwalther/sense-navigation ...

Regards

Stefan