4 Replies Latest reply: Apr 29, 2015 3:30 AM by Manuel Carmona RSS

Alternative color schemes / palettes management

Manuel Carmona

Hi there.

I'm trying to change the default colour scheme in Qlik Sense.

I found this excellent post on the subject (from the Qlik View perspective) by Steve Street and I was even able to load the data from the example app (with alternative colour palettes) in my own Qlik Sense app.

But now I don't know how to effectively use the loaded colour schemes.

Could you please tell me what's the script needed? Any guidance will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

M.

• Re: Alternative color schemes / palettes management
          Ankita Agarwal

Hi,

You can write an expression for Color in the chart properties(Pie chart) - Color and Legends - Color Auto / Custom - By expressin - Use colormix1 and colormix2 functions to write the expression.

I said Pie chart because if you want to use color expression it in Bar chart then sorting doesnt work. I guess it can only work properly with Pie

• Re: Alternative color schemes / palettes management
            Michael Tarallo

Hello Manuel - I see you are looking for color scheme modification for Qlik  Sense and not QlikView. You may find this useful:

Please note that this capability is currently being explored and tested. In regards to what are known as, "themes", - there is an experimental feature that will allow you to test out this capability. - It is possible that it might or might not make it into the product "officially".

Please see this community thread and note the answered marked as "Correct": Re: Access to CSS

When Qlik Sense Desktop is started - you can also access the hub and related sheets using a HTML 5 compliant / supported web browser.

Example:

http://localhost:4848/sense/app/C%3A%5CUsers%5Cmtarallo.MTARALLO%5CDocuments%5CQlik%5CSense%5CApps%5CExecutive%20Dashboa…

Example: the "highvis" configuration style sheet - looks like this on the app we created on the webinar:

http://localhost:4848/sense/app/C%3A\Users\mtarallo.MTARALLO\Documents\Qlik\Sense\Apps\Executive Dashboard/sheet/PfKsJK/state/analysis/theme/highvis 

Adding /theme/highvis to the end of URL shows this:

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Make sure to also visit this thread for more information: Re: Access to CSS

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik