21 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2015 5:18 PM by murugasarathi palanivelu RSS

    Section Access Works fine in desktop but not in Access Point

    murugasarathi palanivelu

      Hi Friends,

       

      I have a qlikview application where I have implemented section access based on NTNAME. I have also included sheet level access based on the NTNAME .

       

      When I open the qlikview application in the desktop, I am able to see the Sheets hiding correctly based on the user NTNAME. The NTNAME field shows the ID of the user who has logged in.

       

      But when the same application is being reloaded using a publisher and when viewed through access point, the NTNAME shows the qlikview server login NTNAME and not the user NTNAME thereby not hiding the sheets as expected.

       

      Some More info on my set up

      1. I have enabled "Initial Data Reduction based on section access"

      2. I have enabled "Strict Exclusion"

      3. I have included the Qlikview service login as the Admin in the section access file with "*" for all the fields in the section Access

      4. The data in the section access file is in UPPER case.

       

      Section access script:

      Section Access;
      LOAD ACCESS,
      UPPER(NTNAME) as NTNAME,
      COUNTRY
      FROM
      [..\User_Access.xlsx]
      (
      ooxml, embedded labels, table is [Access]);
      Section Application;

      User_Table:
      LOAD
      UPPER(NTNAME) as NTNAME,
      SHEET_ID
      FROM
      [..\User_Access.xlsx]
      (
      ooxml, embedded labels, table is [Sheet_Access]);