Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Select Data from a DB2

Hello,

In our other environment (SSAS & SSRS) we can easily access our DB2 database.

I'm trying to do the same with QV, but each time i'm getting a SQL error.

This is my ConnectString

CONNECT TO [Provider=IBMDA400.DataSource.1;User ID=ASW5SECKIN;Data Source=CAPEXSRV;Initial catalog=SRVI5BR1];

And this is my first simple query

SQL

SELECT DISTINCT PROJ_BUDGETYEAR FROM ISISKIN.PROJECT_EXT;

The error i'm getting is Sql; NoSqlerrorerror loading image

Anybody got an idea on what's happening ?

[ProjectBudgetYears]:

9 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Good morning,

it doesn´t help you to know that many users are loading data from a DB2 databases successfully.

Do you have established a connection to DB2 using IBM´s DB2Connect driver or a third party one?

In some other cases to set the configuration options of the used drivers in the right way was a task.

Is someone out there with deeper knowledge regarding this question?

Rainer

Not applicable
Author

I'm using the "IBM DB2 UDV for iSeries IBMDA400 OLD Db Provider" from IBM itself.

But, i've noticed that it will have somethign to do with the way QV works with the connectionstring, because when just using the ODBC driver it works fine. The difference is that the ODBC driver accepts the initial catalog (in this case ISISKIN), and the OLE DB driver doesn't accept this catalog.

So, if someone is using this this OLEDB driver please let me know how to configure it.

I can use this driver without any problems in all other apps.

But, in this QV setup we just have to load all data from the wanted tables so there will not be to much lost of time using ODBC instead of OLEDB.

r3iuk
Creator
Creator

I'm having the same problem. My ODBC connection works fine, but whilst the OLE DB connection (IBMDA400 driver) connects to the server OK and I can see the tables, columns and other metadata OK, the SQL statements just don't work and I also keep getting the SQL Error:No error message.

So for the moment I'll just have to use ODBC. Interestingly, this thread http://community.qlik.com/forums/p/13432/52615.aspx suggests that ODBC is more reliable anyway.

Not applicable
Author

i Try to use OLE DB for AS/400 without success

Test connection is ok, but i don't see my tables

So i use ODBC

Is somebody use OLE DB ?

Is OLE DB have better performance to load a lot of datas from DB2 400 ?

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Up

thanks

Not applicable
Author

Same here.

ODBC works - OLE DB doesn't.

There is an OleDB working just fine from HIT-Software. But this one is only for pay... nevertheless it performs a LOT better ODBC does. 3 to 10 times, depending on given task.

Qlikview or IBM should work on getting their drivers understand or communicate the right way.

bumin
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Do you have an idea how much does it costs?

bumin
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi,

I have downloaded the HIT-Software (costs 250 EUR).

But it takes 4-5 times longer than ODBC.

What could I did wrong?

thanks

Bumin

Not applicable
Author

Hi guys,

I have the same problem. Have to connect to AS 400, but don't have OLE DB Provider.

The only solution I have is ODBC 32 bit.

Which is the best way to connect to AS 400?

Thanks,

Aldo.