cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jleefjcapital
Creator II
Creator II

Exporting into excel

I've exported a table containing time series data into excel in Qlik Sense by side clicking on the table.  I found that it's only exporting a subset of the available data values.

Why won't it export the entire table?

11 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Jes,

Thanks for your question, let me get a bit more information.

• Did you have any selections before the export?
  • If you have for example 10 columns, are 10 columns being exported?
  • Does the export to xls look the same as the data in the Qlik Sense table object?
  • Are you using any aggregations (sum,count) etc on your measures?
  • Are you using let's say 5 columns, exporting 5 columns, but expecting the entire table that was loaded into the app to be dumped to Excel?

If the last bullet, I have seen this request a few times where people want to export the entire table to use as data for input to somewhere else.  Can you explain a bit more about your use case for exporting the entire data table that you loaded into the app?

If any of the former, disregard the last bullet and we can further troubleshoot.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
jleefjcapital
Creator II
Creator II
Author

No, I made sure to remove all filters or selections prior to exporting.   I am getting all of the columns, but it's not loading all of the rows.

Not applicable

I'm having the same problem. I can see OL-189363 to OL-997661 in the app (no filters), but then limits the export to 50K rows or OL-871435. I noticed I get more rows when I reduce the number of columns (dimensions). When I had more columns, I could only get 22,222 rows. Why is the export truncating?

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Guys - I have someone looking at this, I will update you shortly.

Regards,

Mike

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable

Thanks. Would love to get this figured out!

Not applicable

Still no response. I have an export of 20K rows that is being truncated. I really need to be able to export. How can I get support on this? 20, 870 rows is being truncated to exactly 20,409.

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi John, I am following up.

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable

I managed to do it in two exports but it is odd. It ended up beign 21767 rows. I think the 20,870 were unique order lines. There are some duplicates.

Not applicable

So I've heard from a colleague that there is a limit on how many columns x rows. I've tried to break my export into two tables and now I'm getting a problem when I open the export in Excel. It says, we found a problem with some content..do you want us to recover as much as we can. I've tried rebooting and and reloading the data and then exporting again. Is this a known issue? I'm really getting frustrated with this program. It says there was an XML load error, line 2 column 0.