41 Replies Latest reply: Jul 4, 2017 3:30 AM by anuj qlik RSS

Any one successful in using Jmeter for Load testing?

Krishna Chaitanya Koyyalamudi

I tried NTLM authentication ,it is of no use because each session is killed by new simulated user.

I also tried Custom authentication as per the Scalability document by implementing IIS and it didn't work either.

(Access point page is not loading after replacing the Authentication.aspx  file )

Has anyone get the Scalabilty tool working?If yes, which type of authentication you used?

• Re: Any one successful in using Jmeter for Load testing?
          Sebastian Fredenberg

Hello,

The tool works with the provided authentication methods, but issues can occur due to other parts in the setup and of course due to what CALs that are available (in the NTLM case). Generally it is a good idea and safe bet to use header authentication to simulate several users, see pages 14-15 in the QVScalabilityTools.pdf.

cheers

/Sebastian

Hey Sebastian,

Thanks for your reply. Do I just need to enable header authentication from the Management console or is there any other setup I have to implement before enabling header authentication from Management console.

Sebastian Fredenberg

Hi,

You only need to enable it in the QMC and of course make sure your jmeter script uses it as well by selecting header as authentication method.

If issues occur, try accessing the access point manually with your browser to make sure that the setup is correct. There are several plugins for browser that allow you to inject headers (Modify Header/ModHeader) or you can do the same through tools like fiddler.

cheers

/sebastian

Sebastian,

I tried Header Auth as per the document and I was able to login using Fiddler but when I run the tests still the users are killing each other.I am adding Event log files below for reference.Any Clue where it is going wrong.I tired Enabling and Disabling the Dynamic CAL assignment but there is no change in results.

2015-07-29 11:39:21

2015-07-29 13:31:584700InformationTicket created: Ticket (xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) for imo\qvtestuser10.
                      2015-07-29 11:39:212015-07-29 13:31:584700InformationSE_LOG: Document Load - ODE1: Document C:\QlikView\T3 Application\CQM Dashboard.qvw, AuthenLev(2). Authuser()
                      2015-07-29 11:39:212015-07-29 13:31:584700InformationSE_LOG: Server - UpdateSharedFile: updating DONE for document C:\QLIKVIEW\T3 APPLICATION\CQM DASHBOARD.QVW
                      2015-07-29 11:39:212015-07-29 13:31:584100NoticeCAL usage: Named CAL session for user "IMO\QVTESTUSER4" stopped
                      2015-07-29 11:39:212015-07-29 13:31:584700InformationSession stop reason: Killed because Named User Cal was needed from another client
                      2015-07-29 11:39:212015-07-29 13:31:584700InformationCAL usage: Named CAL "IMO\QVTESTUSER10" was in use on another client - killed.
                      2015-07-29 11:39:212015-07-29 13:31:584700InformationCAL usage: Named CAL "IMO\QVTESTUSER10" now used - ok.
                      2015-07-29 11:39:212015-07-29 13:31:584100NoticeCAL usage: Using CAL of type "Named User" for user "IMO\QVTESTUSER10". Named user cals in use: 15
                      2015-07-29 11:39:21
                          Sebastian Fredenberg

Hi,

What are your run settings for the script, and how many headerusers have you specified in your header file?

If you ever have more concurrent users than available names in your headerfile then users will start competing for access.

That is my best guess of what is happening, otherwise it seems to be configured correct as you both can access with fiddler and jmeter (although sessions kill each other).

/sebastian

Seems Like it is working fine now .Every new user is assigned a new CAL.If everything goes well,I will postthe final result .Big Thanks to Sebastian Frednberg

Log File:

100 Notice CAL usage: Using CAL of type "Named User" for user "IMO\QVTESTUSER13". Named user cals in use: 15

300 Error SE_LOG: Error Extensions: Failed to load extension NoGreen. Make sure it is available at the correct location.

300 Error Extensions: Failed to load extension NoGreen. Make sure it is available at the correct location

100 Notice CAL usage: Using CAL of type "Named User" for user "IMO\QVTESTUSER14". Named user cals in use: 16

300 Error SE_LOG: Error Extensions: Failed to load extension NoGreen. Make sure it is available at the correct location.

300 Error Extensions: Failed to load extension NoGreen. Make sure it is available at the correct location

100 Notice CAL usage: Using CAL of type "Named User" for user "IMO\QVTESTUSER15". Named user cals in use: 17

Sebastian,

When I execute the Jmeter test for the first time ,new CAL's are assigned to new user's but If I run same test again then the last CAL used to last user in the first test is being used by all the users in the second test run.Is that some thing to worry or can I proceed with analyzing the results.

Log File:

4100NoticeCAL usage: Using CAL of type "Named User" for user "IMO\QVTESTUSER1". Named user cals in use: 73
                                1300ErrorSE_LOG: Error Extensions: Failed to load extension NoGreen. Make sure it is available at the correct location.
                                1300ErrorExtensions: Failed to load extension NoGreen. Make sure it is available at the correct location
                                1300ErrorSE_LOG: Error Extensions: Failed to load extension NoGreen. Make sure it is available at the correct location.
                                1300ErrorExtensions: Failed to load extension NoGreen. Make sure it is available at the correct location
                                4100NoticeCAL usage: Named CAL session for user "IMO\QVTESTUSER1" stopped
                                4100NoticeCAL usage: Using CAL of type "Named User" for user "IMO\QVTESTUSER2". Named user cals in use: 73

In the above case I ran test with 70 concurrent users and each user is assigned a new CAL in sequence 1,2,3....

I ran the same test again after completing the first test then all users started using same CAL 73 which is the last CAL assigned to last user in test 1.

Run Settings:

1.PNG

LINU LUKOSE

Hi ,

I am not using QVScalability tools , instead using Jmeter 2.12 directly to record scripts. Jmeter runs in a machine in same Client network. The qlik server uses NTLM authentication, NTFS mode  in my project.Scripts are successfully created in Jmeter ( used HTTP authorization manager to feed username/password )

Requirement is to test with 100 concurrent users from Jmeter. But I am getting error messages in logs "Killed because Named User Cal was needed from another client" when trying to simulate more than 1 virtual user from Jmeter.

Could anyone advise how to eliminate this error during Performance Testing?

I tried enabling Header authentication in Qlik servers but then Jmeter scripts fails with Authentication error ( as Jmeter uses NTLM by default). Any quick help to solve this is highly appreciated !!

Thanks,

Sarah

Sebastian Fredenberg

Hi,

The error you get indicate that your simulated users conflict with each other. By default, the user simulated will be the same as the one running the tool - and that will apply for all simulated users. Named user cals do not allow the same user in several  sessions - to do so you need session cals.

To be able to simulate several users at once we recomend setting up the environment with DMS mode and header authentication. It is not enough to only change the environment, you also need to instruct jmeter to send in users with header.

In either case, if you use your own solution there are a lot of things to consider - you need to modify your recorded script in order to accomodate for the communication. In particular, the id:s of your objects in your application will not be static but dynamically assigned when each user opens the document. As such, it is likely that your recorded id:s do not apply any more.

If you later want to anlayze the results of your test, the analyzer application we use are tailored to match the output of the tools and the specific performance counters.Due to this, we recomend that the tools are used as then all of this will be handled. Is there a reason for not using these?

/sebastian

LINU LUKOSE

Hi Sebastian,

Thanks for your quick feedback!

1. I am handling the dynamic values and poll requests in the Jmeter script using Xpath extracters , bean shell post processors, poll loops etc.

2. For analysis and monitoring , we are making use of Jmeter listeners ,Windows perfmon counters and also governance dashboard at times

3. For CAL issues,

I tried enabling header authentication in QMC , but I am not sure how to modify Jmeter to take header authentications ( as Jmeter by default takes NTLM auth) . Any help around this ?

Whenever I try to switch NTFS to DMS , reports seems unavailable in the UI .

Also tried activating Anonymous login to domain, then also reports seem to be unavailable in UI . Ours is an intranet application for Client

Sebastian Fredenberg

Hello,

To enable header authentication in jmeter you need to a HTTP Header Manager in your test plan. The name of the header should be as in the QMC (for example QVUSER). If you want to simulate more than one user then the value need to differ for the users, an easy way of doing this is to read the headernames from a file. To do so, add a CSV Data Set Config to your testplan - specify the path to a textfile with headernames on each row for example. Set a name for the variable that the headername should be stored in - for example HEADER. Then, in your HTTP Header Manager, set the value of the header to your defined variable (in this case it would be ${HEADER}. )

I hope that helps, this is more or less how the scalability tools handle it.

/sebastian

LINU LUKOSE

Hi Sebastian,

Thanks for the input.

I tried enabling header authentication and adding header manger in Jmeter with name QVUSER and value as anonymous. It does not work. Do we need to specify usernames in QMC or somewhere in server?

Your help is really appreciated as we are kind of stuck in this issue.

My application takes authorized users only . Whenever I switch to header authentication or DMS mode or allow anonymous in QMC, my application does not show up reports as expected. Client requirement is NTLM authentication. Is there any way we can avoid the user cal violation with NTLM setting ON?

Thanks & Regards,

Linu Sarah

Sebastian Fredenberg

Hi,

A simulation cannot circumvent the rules of the communication flow, it adhers to the same rules as a regular user. That means that you must ensure authentication, authorization and licencing.

Authentication and licencing play according to certain rules and the challenge is to maximize outcome within these rules.

Authorization is set in the meta-file accompanying the qvw. It's either "All Users", "All Authenticated" or "Named Users". Depending on setup you can have an authenticated user that does not have access to the qvw. We recommend using All Authenticated.

When using the simulation tool, all simulated users will origin from the same NTLM account that runs jmeter (but different sessionids) - that means that the only license you can use with NTLM is session CAL, and each simulated user will consume one session CAL. Session CAL allow for one user to have many concurrent sessions with different sessionids. Named CALs will not work in this case as they don't allow this. Switching to header authentication will allow for Named CALs to be consumed as each session will be unique to each headeruser.

Now, if you want use header the value you input needs to be unique per each user, so setting the value as anonymous will just be interpretated as any other headername. As soon as two or more virtual users are simulated with that they will conflict with each other. The easiest way is to have a text file with unique headernames as input for the value of the header.

When switching to header authentication you are not actually authenticating the users. In a real setup you need to have someone to perform the actual authentication. QlikView will "trust" the authentication authority. In a NTLM setup the authority is Windows and with header authentication it is the entity responsible for setting the header value. In a JMeter simulation that would normally be a text file with usernames.

That's what I can think of from the top of my head right now, but there could be more things that needs to be handled in your script if you recorded it without using the scalability tools. That is why we recommend using the tools with correct protocol adherence to run the tests.

/sebastian

LINU LUKOSE

Hi,

We have limitations in installing .Net or exe files of scalability tools in clients machine. We have taken care of all steps

mentioned in document from this community Script recording and load testing of Qlikview version 10 with JMeter - PA5.doc for script development.

My project do not have Session CALS unfortunately. We only have Named CALS

You said : "Now, if you want use header the value you input needs to be unique per each user, so setting the value as anonymous will just be interpretated as any other headername"

I did not understand it fully . I added header manager with a name QVUSER and its 'value' as 'anonymous' (or user1 ) and even for 1 iteration script fails. I can point the 'value' to a text file with values but I would like to know if any usernames (ex: user1,user2 etc ) will work or not ?

Sebastian Fredenberg

Hello,

No there are no specific headernames that does not work, but each headername must be unique for each simulated user. First of all I recommend you to look in the event log why your simulated users are not getting in. It is also always a good idea to try this manually by using headers in a browser - for example with Fiddler or the plugin Modify Header  for chrome. If you cannot get in manually browser then the tool will definitely not work, but if it works manually and not with the tool it can be a script error - so look in the jmeter result tree and the event logs.

As for the tool, note that the script recording document for QV10 is quite old and is now replaced with the scalability tools to create the jmx. I understand that there might be limitations in setting up the tool in their environment - but you can always create the jmx script using the scalability tools on any machine and then simply move it to the client environment when ready to run it.

/sebastian

LINU LUKOSE

Hi,

The scalability tools are good and saves effort , totally agreeing .But  I don't think it aids in running a test with all reports (~ 30 reports in my application)  running in parallel. If so also , then it is too late as we already have generated all scripts and are in execution phase.

Our concern is the CAL violation  messages in event logs which says :" 2016-02-12 06:58:45 2016-02-15 09:58:44 4 700 Information CAL usage: Named CAL "domain\username" was in use on another client - killed"

We have already reached out to Qlik support for this and the explanation is : Qlik expects 1 user per machine and hence multiple user sessions from Jmeter cause sessions being spawned and when a new user thread finds that there is no unused cal , it tries disconnecting any one of previous sessions. Specifically my question is : With known limitations ,such as limited named CALs, only 1 machine to generate multi-user load ,only NTLM/header auth permitted, testing environment shared with multiple teams , Is there any way we can avoid this error ? Sorry if my demand is too skeptical but please let me know if it is possible or not at least.

-Sarah

Sebastian Fredenberg

Hi,

Your error message means that you have the same username in several sessions at once. You need to ensure that each user in your script really sends in a different username in the header - and also that there are available CAL:s to assign. To check what each user sends in, look in the results tree in jmeter and make sure that each simulated user sends in a headername that is different to other users. See below.

headeruser1.JPG

So if you have 50 Named CALs, each simulated user needs to use a CAL that is available to pick - so generally 50 rows in your textfile used for the headerfile. Also, you can at most have 50 such sessions ongoing at the same time.

Here is on thread with the same behavious, but I believe there are more: .

As for the question, yes you can test with Named CALs but you can at most simulate as many as there are available CALs at once. You do need to use header authentication for that though.

/sebastian

pradeep kushwaha

Hi All,

I also have to test Qlikview performance using JMeter but unable to configure it properly. it would be great if any one  can help me to configure it step wise.

Thanks in advance.

Pradeep.

If you want a step wise approach followQV Scalability Tools (QV10,QV11,QV12) .If you are already following that material then post the error that is stopping you.

anuj qlik

@

Hi,

@
                                                    actually I am trying to do load testing on Qlikview dashboard (.qvw) files using Jmeter, but getting the error 401,404 errors on all the dashboard reports specially on all the AccessPoints.aspx of reports(.qvw)  due to which I am unable to move further

There is a  NTLM authentication in our Qlikview server(which cannot be changed), everything is working perfect when I access the application without Jmeter Proxy(manully using the application), but as I set the proxy settings in my browser, there is a certification error "untrusted certificate" in IE and also as I click on any of the dashboard file(.qvw) it gives me a 404 error

when I run the script again in Jmeter, it is showing 401 Unauthorized on all of the accesspoints.aspx and non of the dashboard is getting passed

please suggest me the solution, I have seen everything on qlik community, no solution found till yet, already gone through with the scalability tool and getting same issue,

please try to provide the solution in context of directly using Jmeter only, please reply as soon as anybody can

Thanks

Sebastian Fredenberg

Hi Anuj

Could you give some more context to your problem? Are you experiencing a problem using the Scalability Tools or are you doing your own solution using jmeter?

We can provide help regarding the scalability tools. NTLM should work fine as long as the confguration is correct, the user running the tool have access and if you have enough session CALs to simulate the load

cheers

Sebastian

anuj qlik

Hi Sebastian,

Thanks for the quick reply, I am facing this issue using jmeter only, because we have to do the load testing by directly record and play the jmeter script, and when I am clicking on any qvw report it gives the 404 error(page cannot be displayed)

yes there is an NTLM authentication, and when we are manually using the application, it is working absolutely fine, and even all the qvw's are showing the reports without 404 error,

right now I have only one valid user and I am just checking the feasibility directly by jmeter record

Thanks

Anuj

Sebastian Fredenberg

Hi,

Many things could be the reason for it not working by just a record and replay in jmeter. From the top of my hand you will need proper handling of responses from the QVS and cookie handlers. As for responsen from the QVS, a biggie is that id:s of objects in the qvf are dynamic so a pure replay will not guarantee you do the things you want.

All that is already included in the scalability tools so I'd advice you to use the solution that is available already. Is there a aspecific reason for not using the tools?

/Sebastian

anuj qlik

Hi Sebastian,

thanks for the solution, I have added a cookie manger and restarted the jmeter proxy server(from http script recorder) right after the getting 404 error on qvw and refreshed the page and Bingo!!!, report got displayed and get recorded as well, I have done some changes after the recording, like added the ${__time} function in the script as required and mainly in the authorization manager, by default it was recorded with Kerberos but I changed it to the Basic_Digest and the authentication is passed as well

but now I just wanted to know I have many qvw reports, so what should I do to move further, should I record them separately (new script for each qvw) or should I just record all the reports into one script

If I chose 2nd option then the script will become so huge, because so many AccessPoints and QvsViewpoints are recorded in my 1st script with only one qvs dashboard.

can you please more elaborate about these AccessPoints and QvsViewpoints, because I have disabled them and even after the main report is giving me the response.

and as you said to use scalability tool, actually I don't have mush idea about the tool to use it and already worked with jmeter that why I am preferring Jmeter

Thanks

Anuj

Sebastian Fredenberg

Hi,

Good that the cookie manager solved that, I guessed that was one reason. However even if that works, it is not as simple as just to do a regular recording and then replaying the scenario succesfully. You need to be aware of how the communication protocol works towards QV in order to get a proper simulation - one reason is what I mentioned before: Every object you interact with will get a dynamic id assigned to it when the document is opened. This means that the recorded id:s of the objects you want to interract with is likely not the same as when you did the recording.

As for the specific requests you asked about: If you disable accesspoint and /QvAJAXZfc/QvsViewClient.aspx you will remove authentication and all AJAX requests (more or less every action done towards QV, apart from getting static resources) so you cannot do a simulation without those.

Again I recommend the Scalability Tools (found here on community), as these are tailored to do load tests towards QlikView or Qlik Sense deployments. They assist in creating runnable scripts based on what user actions you want to simulate. In the Qlikview case, those scripts are run in jmeter.

/sebastian

anuj qlik

Hi Sebastian,

I have tried to record the script using scalability tool, I have passed the qvw's address url from its properties(by right clicking on .qvw) and not the URL after clicking on the qvw from the address bar because that's different then its properties one, and then I passed the URL to the Document URL and then selected NTLM authentication, passed the user credentials on the section access.txt

but when I click on generate script it is showing writing..... xyz.jmx on popup and never finished the script(does it show any pop up like script generated or something like that?) but xml created under execution

now I came to the scenario part, I have not done anything on that portion because I don't have any scenarios yet so just wanted to check weather that qvw report got opened or not with its result via this tool

but I tried with 2 scenarios:

1st by checking accesspoint and opendoc under scenarios with black labels(what I have to put there I don't know), then I passed the jmeter bin path to the settings under execution and generate script and clicked on run all script I got 96% error

2nd everything unchecked under scenario and run execution which finished with 0 % error but when I opened that script in jmeter it has nothing inside rather then its default scalability parameters, non of my url part is present there

Please suggest me step by step procedure if you can, that would be really appreciable

Thanks

Anuj

Sebastian Fredenberg

Hi,

There is documentation for the tool, that should answer a lot of your questions and also give a step by step instruction how you use it. I can however give some answers to your immediate questions:

First of all I'm not sure if menat that you did use the url or not as input for your document, but regardless you do need the url as seen in the address bar in your browser. When you generate the script and get the popup, it should write finished when it is done. I'm not sure you did everyhting in the right order or input the correct settings (like the document url) if you say that it does not show.

The scenario should be done before generating the script as this is the script. As for the scenario, you actually describe your initial scenario - opening the document. That is a valid scenario and those actions (accesspoint, open doc) are always pregenerated in the scenario section.

Labels can be left blank, that is not causing your errors. I guess it is due to something incorrect as mentioned before. Usage of all actions is covered in the documentation.

A note is that if you uncheck everyhing in the scenario no actions will happen when running the script, so sure it will not produce errors but will also not do anything due to no scenario.

If you want to see that the document is opened and everything works as it shoudl the best way is to right click on the script in the Execution tab and select "open in jmeter". Then enable the view results tree and run the script to validate that all requests are succesful.

My best recommendation is to make use of the documentation (found in the documenation folder of the tool package) and also if you come to running a performance test it is very useful to use the the Analyzer application also found here in the community.

cheers

/sebastian

anuj qlik

Hi Sebastian,

I have created tne script for one qvw report using scalability and run that using jmeter and It worked after few changes in jmeter itself, like manually added the http authorization manager for authentication .aspx and it worked and got the response as well for that particular report

now I have to create the script for different qvw reports, so I read in the scalability tool doc , that we can use "Use Reduce Document List" and I placed the document name of qvw in the doclist.txt file in each line but its not working

what I have done here is:

passed the Document URL for one qvw report and then added the qvw in doclist

eg: http://servername/QvAjaxZfc/opendoc.htm?document=xyz%20abc_ab.qvw&host=localhost into the document URL

and passed the document variant into the doclist.txt

xyz%20abc_ab.qvw

xyz%20abc_ab1.qvw

xyz%20abc_ab2.qvw

also I have passed 3 iteration in run settings as i am providing 3 documents qvw's

but it didn't worked, please suggest  me is this ok I am doing with, or what will be the solution to pass different reports in the script with one qvw report.

Thanks,

Anuj

Sebastian Fredenberg

Hi,

A note is that if you use the reduced document list all documents needs to be the same qvw (basically loop and reduced versions of a larger document) so that they contain the same id:s. If not, it will be a problem if it comes to performing selections in objects or changing sheets. If you only do opendoc, I'm quite certain you can use the doclist however.

That could be the reason why it is not working for you, but if not then you need to be more specific what the error is.

If all qvws are similar you can use the reduced list, if not then you need separate scripts for each as every script corresponds to a specific user scenario.

/sebastian

anuj qlik

do you mean that I have to write the document url till opendoc.htm?

http://servername/QvAjaxZfc/opendoc.htm?into the document URL

document=xyz%20abc_ab.qvw&host=localhost and ignore this part

and then pass the separate qvws in the doc list, is this you are saying if yes then what will the host because it is not a localhost in my case

and yes all three qvw's are similar just different reports but qvw url pattern is quite similar,

when I ran the xml script it gives me below error

Writing log file to: ....\apache-jmeter-3.1\bin\jmeter.log

Created the tree successfully using ...\QVScalabilityTools_0_7 64Bit\QVScriptGenTool_0_7 64Bit\ScriptExecutor\DestJMXs\xyz.jmx

Starting the test @ Mon May 08 12:26:16 CEST 2017 (1494239176636)

Generate Summary Results =    183 in 00:02:22 =    1.3/s Avg:   240 Min:     0 Max:  9026 Err:   174 (95.08%)

Tidying up ...    @ Mon May 08 12:28:38 CEST 2017 (1494239318698)

... end of run

Sebastian Fredenberg

Hi,

The document url in the tool need to be as found in the browser: so open the document in a browser and copy over the url found in the address bar.

Then, if you want to divide the load to other documents that are in the essense the same (but separated by different names) each of those documents you want to test should be in the doclist file.

Example from the documentation:

Url to one of the docs (DemoApplications/Online_Sales.qvw) could be:

http://servername/QvAJAXZfc/opendoc.htm?document=DemoApplications/Online_Sales.qvw&host=Local

That needs to work, so be sure to test that before adding the option to open documents from the doclist. If it works fine and you want to for example also test Online_Sales1.qvw, Online_Sales2.qvw etc you edit the doclist file  as follows:

DemoApplications/Online_Sales.qvw

DemoApplications/Online_Sales1.qvw

DemoApplications/Online_Sales2.qvw

That will lead to that you use the document url you specified, but the document part of the original url (in the case above: "DemoApplications/Online_Sales.qvw") will during runtime be taken from the doclist instead of the url section.

But again, for this solution to work all the documents should be "the same" when it comes to layout, objectids etc. The data could be different in them though, which is the use case for using reduced documents.

/sebastian

anuj qlik

Hi Sebastian,

Now my script is working fine with different qvw's,  thanks for your help, now I have move to  the next part i.e. scenarios, as follows

1.) I have to pass different object ids to select the values from list box( i don't have validbyid but i have static value)

note: i have passed one objectid of one list box with static selection and passing value and passed the objected into the userdefined variable inside the test variable and it worked, but what i have to do when i have to pass more then one objectids of multiple listboxes at a time to select different values,

I have tried it by passing object ids of listboxes by adding into the scenarios and passed the static value but it didn't worked in jmeter,please suggest your comments

2.) there is a pie chart with blocks which are clickable and on there click it shows different values what will be the scenario to click on chart

waiting for your reply

Thanks

Anuj

Sebastian Fredenberg

Hi,

I'm not completely understanding your first question so if you can be a bit clearer that would help.

For the second one, (I'm a bit uncertain here too what you are asking), if you are asking how to simulate a selection in a pie chart then you should use the chart action in the scenario. However you will not be able to send in what value you want to select - it will be random.

/sebastian

anuj qlik

for the 1st problem:

under scenario of scalability i have added a listbox and under select listbox i passed the objectid(eg: LB01) of that list box, then selection method is static selection and then pass its value eg: xyz which is one value inside that listbox and then i open that script in jmeter, and run the script, under poll of open doc there are some beanshell postprocessors added with set Object ID defined eg:

vars.put("OBJECTID","LB01");

// VALUEBYID will be true/false and determines if LOOKUPVALUE will be a searchstring (FALSE) or the elementid that is predefined (TRUE)

vars.put("VALUEBYID","False")

and another beanshell "Set Static Selection Value" as

vars.put("LOOKUPVALUE", "XYZ");

when i ran the script it shoes me the respective value of  XYZ value(eg: 20.3m) in response of poll in jmeter(but some time when i change that XYZ value to some other ABC value here

vars.put("LOOKUPVALUE", "ABC");

i is showing me the default value of the page when the repprot opened bydefault (eg: 0.0), this is the first problem

and here i also want to pass different values from different listboxes but i am unable to do the same

for 2nd Problem:

there is a pie chart which is clickable on different sections and on its click it shows separate values as per the sections like click on block a which shows value 30 on report, block b which shows 40, but i don't know which scenario i have to choose for that, chart or button in scalability scenario

Thanks

Anuj

Sebastian Fredenberg

Hi,

Are you certain that the value you input (ABC) exists in the particular listbox? If not then nothing will be selected which could explain why you get the default values.

Another reason is that the value does not exist in the first xml output from that object - for instance if you need to scroll a lot to find it. If that is the case I suggest you to use "valuebyid" instead which will not care if scrolling is needed. So if ABC corresponds to value 1234 (you can check that in chrome dev tools, fiddler or similar) then it is more efficient to use that.

My best suggestion in general would however be to randomize all selections otherwise you will simulate the exact same selections for every user.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by passing different values from different listboxes, but each action in the script corresponds to an action a user could make. So if a user want to select in 5 listboxes then that means 5 actions (one per listbox).

For the pie chart, there is an action type called Chart - use that. It will correspond to a random zoomed area within the pie chart so you can not select specific slices in the chart.

I hope that clears up some things

/sebastian

anuj qlik

Hi Sebastian,

I have created the script for one of the qlikview dashboard report through scalability tool, and run that in jmeter

I works fine, but I have one question, what is the difference between Open Doc Request and Poll in the script created by scalability,

actually both samples are the Post method, and Poll is given me the dashboard report result, but it is taking less time than the  Open Doc Request, i.e. Poll has taken around 59 millisecond to open report with 1 user 1 iteration and 1 ramup

and Open Doc Request took around 8300 millisecond , can you please explain what are the difference between these two and there meanings.

hoping for a quick reply from your side as always

Many Thanks

Anuj

Sebastian Fredenberg

Hi,

The open doc request is the request to open the qlikview document. In your case - it takes 8,3 seconds to get the response from that request (this includes loadeing the document in memory if that was not already done).

As for the polls, every time the client (browser or jmeter) performs an action (selection) in the document it will then poll for the response - meaning it will check every 150ms if the previous request is done or not. The previous request is complete when all affected objects in the document are calculated.

The full action to open the document includes boththe open doc request and several polls, among other rrequests (binaries etc). That action (Open Document in the tool) is the oone that will tell you how long time in total it takes for that user to open the document.

cheers

/sebastian

anuj qlik

ok so if I want to explain somebody that how much time taken by the dashboard report(or document as you said) to open will be the Open Doc Request not the Poll

if yes then I understand the open doc request but can you please more elaborate the Poll, because all the values of that report I am getting on the Poll response but not on the Open doc request

Thanks,

Anuj Vaidya

Sebastian Fredenberg

Hi again,

Not really, you should use the time taken in the full transaction controller ("Open Document" in your case). The open doc request is only one of several requests that happens when a document is opened.

If you are not aIready doing so, I recommend you to use the Analyzer package to look at your test result, it should give a clearer picture.

As for the poll, it is one type of request used in the communication between client and qvs. When a request is fired of (for example a selection in a listbox) all objects that are affected will start to get calculated. Then the client will keep asking the qvs for status until everything is complete, that is the poll. Also, as you noticed, the data will be sent back with the poll and not the selection request - but it will keep on polling until everything is complete.

Sebastian