Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmonroe918
Creator II
Creator II

Stacked Bar Chart - Actual vs Budget

I am trying to create a stacked bar chart that compares costs between Actual and Budget for different accounts. The file attach has a chart that currently adds the two together and creates a bar that is the sum of the two. I would like to have the Budget and Actual both start at the 0 point and show the two bars with the Actual on top (or overlaying) of the Budget (with both data labels appearing).

I need to show the progress of the Actual as it approaches the Budget total.Is there a method to using Grouped bar charts that are brought together, or is stacked the way to go?

Thanks

Jeff

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

Please check if fits your needs

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

Not so sure if this is what you want

Capturar.PNG

settu_periasamy
Master III
Master III

Hi Jeff,

Do you Want like the below screen shot? if So, Chart Properties -> Style -> SubType -> Grouped..

Capture.JPG

jmonroe918
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Clever:

Almost. See below (this is a mock-up).

Note that the overall total length of each bar is the Budget amount (green) and the Actual is "overlayed" over the Budget, both starting at 0. It's to show the amount spent verse what was budgeted.

Thanks.

Jeff

. Stacked Chart.jpg

jmonroe918
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Setu:

No, this is not what I wanted.  I need it stacked, but not a total of Budget and Actual.

Thanks.

Jeff

rubenmarin

Hi Jeff, please check attached document.

rubenmarin

Looking in detail, Clever solution worked, just be aware than in your uploaded qvw Actual filters by 'P*_Bud_15' and Budget filters by 'P*_Act_15'.

So values are inverted.

Not applicable

Jeff

using the bar charts as grouped is really the best way to show the relationship between budget and actual

when the bars are stacked it does not relay the message as well.

Another option would be to calculate a percent of actual compared to budget and have budget be a line at zero - use a line chart to show each dimension compares to budget

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

Please check if fits your needs

Not applicable

attached is a vizual example of what I was referring to