Add fields to your load, that will cover your filter requirements
e.g. YEAR(MyDate) AS MyYear,
MONTH(MyDate) AS MyMonth
then create a "Filter Pane" on your report, adding MyYear & MyMonth (and anything else you like) as Dimensions
This will filter your data.
Sample load script:
Year(MyDate) AS MyYear,
Month(MyDate) AS MyMonth,
Eager to know what the general preference is?
I have found that when using Master Items:
- Don't need to amend the load script (as you point out)
- Easily "tweaked"
- Unfortunately display the function when used as a filter (so rather than showing "MyHour=1" it shows "Hour(MyTime)=1"
Putting the calculations in the load script:
- Requires forward planning
- Needs the data reloading after any "tweaks"
- Displays in a more user friendly format when filtered
Guessing there are differences in the reload execution times, as well as RAM usage - is it a "depends on how much data you are loading and how often" preference?
Take a look at this video here:
At the 9:46 mark I explain how to use the list box with the search filters to get date ranges:
Check this out in the help too:
Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.