Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nareshthavidishetty
Creator III
Creator III

multi header in excel

Hi all

can anyone help me how to load the excel data which contains multiple headers

5 Replies
marcus_sommer

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Check this link

multi_header_pivot_import.qvw

Hope it helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.

nareshthavidishetty
Creator III
Creator III
Author

thanks for the reply but the data is in the other format like the first 2 rows contain the headers tht i can remove by jus selecting the lines where as the problem is in one of the colomn there are agn 3 r 4 headers present where i stuck now

oct15

sales-value

cn

saleable     non-salable       gross sales  total   net value

this is how the data is present in one of the coln

nareshthavidishetty
Creator III
Creator III
Author

the data is in different format kindly have a look plz

thanks for the reply but the data is in the other format like the first 2 rows contain the headers tht i can remove by jus selecting the lines where as the problem is in one of the colomn there are agn 3 r 4 headers  in the column present where i stuck now

oct15

sales-value

cn

saleable     non-salable       gross sales  total   net value

this is how the data is present in one of the coln

effinty2112
Master
Master

Hi Naresh,

This is a really awful spreadsheet to import from. I'm not saying that it's not possible but its not straightforward because this sheet is far removed from nice unformatted raw data. The QV file wizard is very good at helping you write a script that can manipulate a spreadsheet's content, even making sense of some highly formatted files, but what you have here is an example where the creator of this spreadsheet has taken his/her source data and went to great lengths to present it like a report. If you can't get hold of the source data then I think your best bet would be to work on the spreadsheet a little first before throwing it at QV.

I would suggest unmerging cells, taking out calculated columns and reducing the number of header rows which will mean adding to the text of the header rows you are left with.

Good luck!