4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 22, 2016 3:49 AM by Tharindu Ranathunge RSS

Active Directory different domain user connection issue

Swapnil Kumbhar

Hi all,

I want to access the users which are on different domains through Active Directory setting in QEMC. Currently i can successfully access the users of Local domain but facing problem while accessing external domain users.

For Example:

I am using following LDAP string to connect to different domain Active Directory:

1. LDAP://ServerIP/DC=domain1,DC=xyz,DC=local

2. LDAP://ServerIP/DC=domain2,DC=xyz,DC=local

3. LDAP://ServerIP/DC=domain3,DC=xyz,DC=local

and so on

To connect to all domain Active Directory i am having common username of Domain1 only. i.e. Domain1\Username

I have confirmed with IT team about common username & they are saying this user has Read access to all other Domain AD.

By using this LDAP String i am able to connect Domain1 users but when i try to search other domain users then it gives following error message in QEMC.

AD Search Error.png

I have checked the logs & it gives following error in Log file for above error message:

ErrorException checking names in provider Domain3(name: Active Directory, type: AD): A referral was returned from the server.

Not able to find the exact reason behind this & why it is not connecting to other Domain users.

Kindly help me to resolve the issue. Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Swapnil