7 Replies Latest reply: Feb 28, 2017 4:59 AM by Jean-Baptiste Lozza RSS

    Engine always offline

    Sifat Rahman

      Hi all,

       

      While troubleshooting why the engine is always offline, I found the scheduler logs with this error:

       

      2016-03-04 18:42:42,369 [6] FATAL Qlik.NPrinting.Scheduler.SchedulerHttpService -

      *********************************************

      Error: RabbitMQ message broker is unreachable

      Shutting down scheduler service

      *********************************************

      2016-03-04 18:42:42,370 [6] FATAL Qlik.NPrinting.Scheduler.SchedulerHttpService - Unable to start SchedulerService: exception of type System.AggregateException

      One or more errors occurred.

      2016-03-04 18:42:42,372 [6] FATAL Qlik.NPrinting.Scheduler.SchedulerWindowsService - Cannot start scheduler service: One or more errors occurred.



      The troubleshooting guide refers me to the RabbitMQ Clustering Guide and the Erlang cookie. Does anyone have a set of steps to solve this issue?

        • Re: Engine always offline
          Jean-Baptiste Lozza

          Hello,

           

          I encountered the same problem on my NPrinting 17.2.0 installation. The services Rabbit MQ & Nprinting Scheduler could not stay UP.

           

          NPrinting Scheduler was giving me the same log as you:

          Error: RabbitMQ message broker is unreachable

          Shutting down scheduler service

           

          But then I checked the RabbitMQ logs (in <Users>\svc_app_qlik\AppData\Roaming\RabbitMQ\log)  and found this in the sasl.log :

          =CRASH REPORT==== 28-Feb-2017::10:27:51 ===

            crasher:

            initial call: application_master:init/4

            pid: <0.93.0>

            registered_name: []

            exception exit: {bad_return,

            {{rabbit,start,[normal,[]]},

            {'EXIT',

            {{badmatch,

            {error,

            {{{badmatch,

            {error,

            {not_a_dets_file,

            "c:/Users/<USER>/AppData/Roaming/RabbitMQ/db/rabbit@<SERVER HOSTNAME>-mnesia/recovery.dets"}}},

            [{rabbit_recovery_terms,open_table,0,[]},

            {rabbit_recovery_terms,init,1,[]},

            {gen_server,init_it,6,

            [{file,"gen_server.erl"},{line,328}]},

            {proc_lib,init_p_do_apply,3,

            [{file,"proc_lib.erl"},{line,240}]}]},

            {child,undefined,rabbit_recovery_terms,

            {rabbit_recovery_terms,start_link,[]},

            transient,4294967295,worker,

            [rabbit_recovery_terms]}}}},

            [{rabbit_queue_index,start,1,[]},

            {rabbit_variable_queue,start,1,[]},

            {rabbit_priority_queue,start,1,[]},

            {rabbit_amqqueue,recover,0,[]},

            {rabbit,recover,0,[]},

            {rabbit,'-run_step/2-lc$^1/1-1-',1,[]},

            {rabbit,run_step,2,[]},

            {rabbit,'-run_boot_steps/1-lc$^0/1-0-',1,[]}]}}}}

            in function application_master:init/4 (application_master.erl, line 134)

            ancestors: [<0.92.0>]

            messages: [{'EXIT',<0.94.0>,normal}]

            links: [<0.92.0>,<0.7.0>]

            dictionary: []

            trap_exit: true

            status: running

            heap_size: 1598

            stack_size: 27

            reductions: 282

            neighbours:

           

           

          And thanks to this thread (Google Groups) I could finally understand and solve the problem:

           

          RabbitMQ could not read "recovery.dets" (in RabbitMQ's db directory), which suggests it was corrupted or modified by another piece of software.

          Removing that file and restarting the service helped me keeping both RabbitMQ and NPrinting Scheduler services up.