Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Notification Email using Publisher 9.0

Is there any way to send an E-mail using a custom message in the Publisher.

I dont want to send or distribute any QVW file. I just want to send a notification Email with out any QVW.

Example: Subject : " Your Job has been completed at this <Time>"

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

start "QlikView Management Console" for example and navigate to the following page (see screen shot).

Good luck!

Rainer

Not applicable
Author

This settings sends email only if the Job is Failed.

I want to send it , when the job is succesfull

Not applicable
Author

Hi Abdul

May be its long time you have asked this question and we have a similar requirment. Is it possible to send an E-Mail from the server, when the job completes

Not applicable
Author

You have to distribute an empty QVW file as an email attachment.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Abdul for the quick response. Is there any other option, to send only the customized message and subject, because we will be sending to more than 1200 users everyday after the job finishes. Is ther any option without attachment, but with customized subject and message.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

We display the refresh date time stamp on the qvw so that the users know when it was last refreshed. We refresh on an hourly basis and sending emails every hour would be annoying. If your only intent is to let your users know that a document refresh is done, this may be a viable option.

Regards,

Dinesh.