Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Cohort Analysis

Hi Community,

I need to do a Cohort Analysis. Primarily I'm trying to work out the difference with the dollar amounts I'm very grateful to Sunny for providing insights on this report thus far.

Please provide assistance,

Capture.PNG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

This?

Capture.PNG

Expression:

=If((RowNo() = 1 and ColumnNo() = 1) or RowNo() <> 1, Count([Customer Internal ID]),

Before([Count!])-(Sum(TOTAL <MonthYear>Flag) - (Count(TOTAL <MonthYear>[Customer Internal ID]) - If(Count([Customer Internal ID]) > 0,  Before(Count(TOTAL <MonthYear>[Customer Internal ID]))))))

Where [Count!] is the expression label.

View solution in original post

30 Replies
sunny_talwar

Are you still trying to fix the left numbers? I did provide a update for that. Did you see that?

sunny_talwar

Have a look here:

Re: Difference between two months

Also, I just want to reiterate, please only mark those posts as helpful which you actually found helpful. I am not looking to mis-use this feature by influencing you to put each and every response of mine as helpful. I really appreciate your understanding

Best,

Sunny

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Sunny this is some enthralling piece of art from you. These formulas have the syntax Above in 'em which out of my limited knowledge are only efficient for straight tables. I tried to copy and paste the formulas in list boxes to actually view the IDs which left us or change in existing (increased our business) or new customers but it failed. Is there anyway I can actually use these formulas in list boxes so I can have the flexibility to drill down to the Customer IDs?

Thanks,

sunny_talwar

We might be able to, but the issue is which month change would you want to see in the list box?

Not applicable
Author

I want to make multiple list boxes for each of the columns in the straight table and get to be filtered out by the MonthYear list box. Once the end user clicks on the MonthYear the list boxes ( new, left, change in existing, etc..) will get filtered out as well.

Thanks for the assistance.

Not applicable
Author

Capture.PNG

Hi Sunny,

I've no prior experience with this. Any help will be appreciated!!!!!!

sunny_talwar

Wow this is some complicated stuff. Is it okay to do this in the script or will it need to change based on selections?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunny,

Do as you please. I need your assistance in tackling this stuff. I've no prior experience with this.

Kushal_Chawda

With Your attached data I can build something like this. Is this what you are looking for?

Table:
CrossTable (Month, Data,4)
LOAD [Customer Internal ID],
Customer,
Average,
[% of total],
[2015 09],
[2015 10],
[2015 11],
[2015 12],
[2016 01],
[2016 02]
FROM
[STK.xlsx]
(
ooxml, embedded labels, table is Thisisit);

Data:
NoConcatenate
LOAD *,
date(date#(Month,'YYYY MM'),'MMM-YYY') as MonthYear
Resident Table
where  [Customer Internal ID]<>'#N/A';

DROP Table Table;

New:
LOAD *,
if(RowNo()=1 or  [Customer Internal ID]<>Previous( [Customer Internal ID]), MonthYear,
if([Customer Internal ID]=Previous([Customer Internal ID]), Peek('MONTHYEAR'))) as MONTHYEAR
Resident Data
Order By [Customer Internal ID], MonthYear asc;

DROP Table Data;