16 Replies Latest reply: Mar 5, 2011 4:29 AM by Ashfaq Mohammed RSS

    Webparts for Sharepoint DataSource Error

      Hey Guys,

      I'm getting this message when I try to add the datasource web part in sharepoint. Has anyone seen this before or might know what I might get it? The QV server is on a different server than the Sharepoint. Port 4747 is open. I have changed the localhost to the qv ip address for the rows below

      <add key="QvsHost" value="localhost" />

      Error: Error System.ApplicationException: Failed to create new QvClient, first attempt:System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A blocking operation was interrupted by a call to WSACancelBlockingCall at QlikTech.NetClient.QVClient.GetMessageDataFromSocket

      error loading image

        • Webparts for Sharepoint DataSource Error
          Björn Wedbratt

          Hi Kristen,
          Is this with or without Full trust? First try and set the trust="Full" (i.e. no policies) in web.config. Try to get this to work before digging into the policy/trust file. Attached is a document (draft) and example web.config / minimal.config to be used as a reference (do not replace your existing config files with the attached ones as this might break other settings in your MOSS installation.

          Regards,
          Bjorn

           

            • Webparts for Sharepoint DataSource Error

              Hey Bjorn,

              Thanks for replying.

              I first tried to get the web parts working with the specific trust level from the wiki documentation online http://community.qlik.com/wikis/qvwebparts9/default.aspx

              But that didn't work.

               

              Then I found the same document you sent in another discussion and followed each step. I'm stuck on page 5 where you add the datasource with full trust. I tried restarting both servers.

               

              I noticed a few places in your config file where the additions were added before previous code. So, I changed mine to reflect that. For example, yours was this:

               

              <httpHandlers>
              <!-- ADDED -->
              <add verb="*" path="QvsViewClientEx.ashx" validate="false" type="QT.QWW.Framework.QvsViewClientEx, QlikViewWebParts" />
              <add verb="*" path="QWWService.ashx" validate="false" type="QT.QWW.Framework.QWWService, QlikViewWebParts" />
              <remove verb="GET,HEAD,POST" path="*" />
              <add verb="GET,HEAD,POST" path="*" type="Microsoft.SharePoint.ApplicationRuntime.SPHttpHandler, Microsoft.SharePoint, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c" />
              <add verb="OPTIONS,PROPFIND,PUT,LOCK,UNLOCK,MOVE,COPY,GETLIB,PROPPATCH,MKCOL,DELETE,(GETSOURCE),(HEADSOURCE),(POSTSOURCE)" path="*" type="Microsoft.SharePoint.ApplicationRuntime.SPHttpHandler, Microsoft.SharePoint, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c" />
              <add verb="*" path="Reserved.ReportViewerWebControl.axd" type="Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.HttpHandler, Microsoft.ReportViewer.WebForms, Version=8.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" />
              </httpHandlers>

               

              And Mine was:

              <httpHandlers>
              <remove verb="GET,HEAD,POST" path="*" />
              <add verb="GET,HEAD,POST" path="*" type="Microsoft.SharePoint.ApplicationRuntime.SPHttpHandler, Microsoft.SharePoint, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c" />
              <add verb="OPTIONS,PROPFIND,PUT,LOCK,UNLOCK,MOVE,COPY,GETLIB,PROPPATCH,MKCOL,DELETE,(GETSOURCE),(HEADSOURCE),(POSTSOURCE)" path="*" type="Microsoft.SharePoint.ApplicationRuntime.SPHttpHandler, Microsoft.SharePoint, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c" />
              <add verb="*" path="Reserved.ReportViewerWebControl.axd" type="Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.HttpHandler, Microsoft.ReportViewer.WebForms, Version=8.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" />
              <add verb="*" path="QvsViewClientEx.ashx" validate="false" type="QT.QWW.Framework.QvsViewClientEx, QlikViewWebParts" />
              <add verb="*" path="QWWService.ashx" validate="false" type="QT.QWW.Framework.QWWService, QlikViewWebParts" />
              </httpHandlers>

               

              Then I restarted IIS, deleted the webpart and added a new one and still get the error.

               

              Update: I decided to delete the old files I worked on and uninstall QV webparts from the SP server. Then I followed each step of the document and used your config file as a guide when editing that. Well, I still got the error. My IT guys tell me port 4747 is open. So, I'm really stuck.

            • Webparts for Sharepoint DataSource Error
              Ashfaq Mohammed

              Hi Igor

              May I know what version of qlikview server and qlikview webpart and sharepoint You are using.

              Regards

              ASHFAQ