2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 7, 2011 11:14 AM by John.Lamb RSS

How to set up cluster environment

Hi All,

I am running Qlikview 9.0 SR4, I have to setup cluster environment(two Qlikview servers for load balancing).

Can anybody answer my questions

1.Is there any special license required to get cluster tab inside Qlikview server setting ?

While going through QEMC -->system-->Qlikview server,I didn't find "Cluster Tab" either on PROD or DEV.

2.Do I need to configure any xml to get this , if yes then what are those.

3.Is there anything to configure in Qlikview web server setting (QEMC-->system -->Qlikview Web server).

or

give me the steps to get it done.

thanks in advance

• How to set up cluster environment
          Bill Britt

I would check with your account manager and make sure your license is setup correctly to allow clustering. This could be the reason for it not showing.

• How to set up cluster environment

Hi Santosh

Yes you need a specific license to allow clustering. If you don't have that you can only use different server separate without the load balancing.

The things you need to configure all most (all I think for v 9) in the QEMC, the installation documentation have an excellent section about this under QVS -> Cluster.

The only thing you need to do in the web server is to point it to the cluster after you have created it, see the manual.