- Can we migrate to Qlikview 10 on the same existing server ?
Yes, you can, to do this i suggest to read release notes. Where a proper method of upgrading is specified.
For some issues like services mismatch. I suggest you to uninstall V9 and remove all the entries from registyr and then Install V10
- If Yes, Can we run the same instance of QV 9 in par ell with QV 10 till the time production establishes?
You can't run the same instance. If you upgrade from V9 to V10 you supposed to remove V9.
Simultanious running of both versions in the same server is not at all supported
- If not , What is advisable ,to use the same server or to use the new server for QV 10.
It depends on what you wan't to acheive.
If you wan't to use both the versions of qlikview then go for seperate machines which will cost you for another license.
If upgrade is the only thing what you want to acheive then Better thing will be use same machine for V10 upgrade.
- Most important , our users are using QV 9 plug-in , so do they need to change the plug-in to the QV 10 plug-in , or the application will be available on QV 9 plug-in users also ?What are the known Issues for this?
Its always recomended to have same version of Plugins. If not this will lead you to problems like you cannot see charts X will be marked on charts. It will not display totals etc....
so you have to upgrade to V10 pluggin
- Is there any common mechanism that we can roll out QV 10 plug-in to all of our QV 9 plug-in users? We have 400 Users and most of them do not have admin rights ?
I'm not sure abt this one.
But I beleive there some way out programatically
Hope this helps
I upgraded from V9 R3 today with no problem. I followed the instructions in the same document you have referenced after backing up everything, then uninstalled V9, then installed V10 and everything seems to be working fine. I have a simple environment with a single server so that made things much easier. The only problem I have experienced in the upgrade is the licensing with the V10 desktop software.