Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AliAzizi
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Task reload data in Governance Dashboard 2.1

Hi

I've experienced that the task reload data will disappear in the QlikView Governance Dashboard (GD) when we select a date (no matter it is a year, a month or just a day or combination of these).

When we delete the selection, all data re-appear again!

Before selecting any date:

After selecting a date

We're running QlikView 11.2 SR11 and QlikView GD 2.0.1.

Any help is appreciated.

Kind regards

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

Hello aliazizi,

I have a feeling there is some kind of problem with date format used in your log file. Even on first screenshot Started /Finished columns are null. I am not 100% sure, but I would assume that Time filters are based on those dates. So if you will select anything in time filters all data disappears.

This is what I've found in QlikView® Governance Dashboard 2.0.1 – Release notes:

The following issues and limitations were identified at release time. The list is not comprehensive; it does however list all known major issues and limitations. The ambition is to have the issues fixed in coming versions.

Publisher Task Reloads history fails to load when the timestamp format used by the QlikView Distribution Service is not YYYY-MM-DD hh:mm:ss or M/D/YYYY hh:mm:ss. Contact Qlik Support for a workaround for your specific timestamp format.

Link to file: https://da3hntz84uekx.cloudfront.net/GovDashBoard/2.0.1/20100/QlikViewGovernanceDashboard201ReleaseN...

BR,

Kuba

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Not applicable

Hello aliazizi,

I have a feeling there is some kind of problem with date format used in your log file. Even on first screenshot Started /Finished columns are null. I am not 100% sure, but I would assume that Time filters are based on those dates. So if you will select anything in time filters all data disappears.

This is what I've found in QlikView® Governance Dashboard 2.0.1 – Release notes:

The following issues and limitations were identified at release time. The list is not comprehensive; it does however list all known major issues and limitations. The ambition is to have the issues fixed in coming versions.

Publisher Task Reloads history fails to load when the timestamp format used by the QlikView Distribution Service is not YYYY-MM-DD hh:mm:ss or M/D/YYYY hh:mm:ss. Contact Qlik Support for a workaround for your specific timestamp format.

Link to file: https://da3hntz84uekx.cloudfront.net/GovDashBoard/2.0.1/20100/QlikViewGovernanceDashboard201ReleaseN...

BR,

Kuba

AliAzizi
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Thank you Jakub. I'll follow up on this with qlik support.

AliAzizi
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

QLIK instructions for fixing the issue is explained in the article here:

Governance Dashboard 2.0 : Fixing the Publisher timestamp issue in Qlik Governance Dashboard 2.0

Article Number:000015879  | Last Updated:03/03/2016

https://qliksupport.force.com/QS_CaseWizardKnowledgeArticle?articleId=kA5D00000004IVW&fromCaseWizard...

Not applicable

Do you can post the answer of Qlik Support?. I cant see te article in Salesforce.

AliAzizi
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hi Matias

here is the instructions from QLIK to resolve this issue. It worked for me:

Fixing the Publisher timestamp issue in Qlik Governance Dashboard 2.0

Article Number:000015879 | Last Updated:03/03/2016

Description

This article is a workaround for a known issue with the Governance Dashboard 2.0, https://jira.qlikdev.com/browse/QV-6082 which is that Publisher reload information doesn’t show in certain locales due to timestamp formatting.

Resolution

Fixing the Publisher timestamp issue in Qlik Governance Dashboard 2.0:

1. Open the Governance Dashboard 2.0 in QV Desktop
2. Edit the script
3. File > Edit Hidden script > enter hidden script password QVGD2.0 (also mentioned in the load script there)
4. Access the tab “SUB TaskExecutionHistory” in the load script
5. Check the timestamp format for a TaskExecutionHistory xml file from the %QVLogFolder%\QDS\TaskExecutionHistory folder. If you have something with timestamp format of DD.MM.YYYY hh:mm:ss then make the following changes:
                5b. TaskStartTimeStamp
alt(timestamp(StartTimeStamp),timestamp(timestamp#(StartTimeStamp,'M/D/YYYY hh:mm:ss TT')))   as TaskStartTimeStamp,

to alt(timestamp(StartTimeStamp), timestamp(timestamp#(StartTimeStamp,'DD.MM.YYYY hh:mm:ss')))   as TaskStartTimeStamp,

5c. TaskEndTimeStamp
alt(timestamp(EndTimeStamp),timestamp(timestamp#(EndTimeStamp,'M/D/YYYY hh:mm:ss TT')))     as TaskEndTimeStamp,

to:
alt(timestamp(EndTimeStamp),timestamp(timestamp#(EndTimeStamp,'DD.MM.YYYY hh:mm:ss')))     as TaskEndTimeStamp,

5d. Node_TS
           ApplyMap('mapTaskLogIndex',trim(TaskLogId),'Unable to Identify')&'|'
                     & round(num(alt(timestamp(StartTimeStamp),timestamp(timestamp#(StartTimeStamp,'M/D/YYYY hh:mm:ss TT')))),0.001) as Node_TS

To:
           ApplyMap('mapTaskLogIndex',trim(TaskLogId),'Unable to Identify')&'|'
                     & round(num(alt(timestamp(StartTimeStamp), timestamp(timestamp#(StartTimeStamp,'DD.MM.YYYY hh:mm:ss')))),0.001) as Node_TS

6. Perform a similar replace the timestamp for [Task Modified] in the SUB Tasks tab of the load script
7.  Same replace for the timestamp for [docTask_TaskModfied] in the SUB qvprScan tab of the load script

Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee

Update for SR5 of Governance Dashboard

With updated load script, here are the instructions to address the timestamp issue:

Updating the Publisher timestamp format in the QlikView Governance Dashboard:
1) Check the timestamp format for a TaskExecutionHistory xml file from the %QVLogFolder%\QDS\TaskExecutionHistory folder.
2) Open the load script of the Governance Dashboard.
3) On the “Main” tab of load script, change the following TimestampFormat variable to match the format found in step 1.

SET TimestampFormat = 'YYYY-MM-DD hh:mm:ss';

If you have timestamps which look like ’07-04-1776 12:15:38’, then your format = DD-MM-YYYY hh:mm:ss and the variable should look like:

SET TimestampFormat = 'DD-MM-YYYY hh:mm:ss';